First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
D
Glamping. We back yard camp. The kids love it and the wife loves being able to walk into the sliding glass door on our walk out basement and use the bathroom. Only thing I need is a fire ring (or fire pit).

We do cheat a bit with the extension cord to power the fans. (The o2 cool fans have AC adapters that let them run on power, so you dont burn through D cell batteries)

It is a great way to do a test run on some gear. The neighbors don't get why I park my car in my back yard for the evening, but that is the only way to test out all the packing and storage systems.

Does the slide run straight into the tent. If so I want to come and try it ;-)

BobG

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Angier, NC, USA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Gravelle
Member #

Overland Bound HQ with Mr. & Ms. Overland Bound work stations.

View attachment 55
Michael, I take it that this is your full time job? If so, you are a lucky man to be able to do what you love. I'm pretty impressed with what I have discovered from this group so far. I hope one day to meet you out and about. Take care and travel safe!

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Michael, I take it that this is your full time job? If so, you are a lucky man to be able to do what you love. I'm pretty impressed with what I have discovered from this group so far. I hope one day to meet you out and about. Take care and travel safe!
Hi Bob!

I maintain a day job which is a good 10hrs a day, and @Corrie runs the business side of things for OLB full time. I couldn't do it without her.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
DSC_0227.JPG
Hey is that the hannibal side awning? I've been toying with the idea but need to see one face to face before I conside spending my money
Hi Keith yes it is the Hannibal.

I chose it over the others because it is freestanding so no poles. Takes a couple of minutes to rig up.
I got it in 2010 from Neneoverland along with my Roof Tent.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

View attachment 15800

Hi Keith yes it is the Hannibal.

I chose it over the others because it is freestanding so no poles. Takes a couple of minutes to rig up.
I got it in 2010 from Neneoverland along with my Roof Tent.
I've seen it on loads of websites and I've watched all the Tube of much video. I just want to see one in the flesh. The fact that they're just short of £500 is holding me back too.

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

This Overlanding malarkey is tiring.View attachment 13047
This is an awesome photo - love it! I actually agree, overlanding is extremely tiring. I know by the end of the day I am ready to crash anywhere..... it doesn't matter how comfortable, I can sleep anywhere. Even with scorpions crawling in my beard. HAHA!

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
IMG_1045.JPG
This is an awesome photo - love it! I actually agree, overlanding is extremely tiring. I know by the end of the day I am ready to crash anywhere..... it doesn't matter how comfortable, I can sleep anywhere. Even with scorpions crawling in my beard. HAHA!
Haha my missus doesn't do scorpions that's why we have the roof tent.
This picture is us camping under the stars at Wadi Rum in Jordan. The red light is a marker so I could find my way back in the dark after taking some pictures.
The white light is the Mrs checking for scorpians

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Ronks, PA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

View attachment 17261
Haha my missus doesn't do scorpions that's why we have the roof tent.
This picture is us camping under the stars at Wadi Rum in Jordan. The red light is a marker so I could find my way back in the dark after taking some pictures.
The white light is the Mrs checking for scorpians
That's so cool! Love that photo. They usually don't like scorpions - haha! You have had such amazing adventures. Looking forward to your big trip!

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Christian Schrader

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Clemente, CA
Member #

Hey there's nothing wrong with a little glamping! (We also call it "gloverlanding". It'll be a thing, trust me.)

King Size Fox Airbed (Stands about 28" tall!)

Hot shower? No problem. 3.5 gallon water brick with Zodi hot water kit.

Luggable Loo inside a Browning privacy tent. "Babe, you've changed camping for me..." she said while... well, taking it for a test spin. @MamaBear
Not going to lie...I bought one of those Zip showers for my GF when we went on our first camping trip together to Morro Strand. AMAZING haha! I fired that thing up and took a steaming hot shower right on the coast. I do just fine dirt bagging it but dang it sure was nice to have!

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I used to have one of those apache campers. Wish they still built pop ups like that.
I do miss the Apache. Was great in windy conditions. However, I did have to set it up once in the rain, and that was not fun at all.

Love the International.. I've been building a '66 800 over the last waay too many years..
I love um too. I miss my old Brownie. Would like to get a traveler.

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

Some awesome images from everyone and the OB team,

Some people may tend to forget that behind the hard work of the front end of the group, the people behind are still real people who carry jobs outside of the cause

Hats off to anyone who holds a job and manages a group (i know from experience, but not on this large a scale) :wink: