US Rocky Mountain Picket Wire Canyonlands Guided Auto Tour by US Forest Service (Colorado)

• HTML tutorial

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

I'm planning on boondocking at Vogel Canyon Picnic Area. I know is says picnic area in the title but if you go to the grasslands web page it says it allows camping. Its about 20 minutes south of where we meet up Saturday. if it's full (it does say heavy use) there's plenty of other places in the grasslands.
As of now we are also in for camping Friday night. I'm trying to figure out if we will have to head back to La Junta in the morning for the checkin or if we can meet the group on the way.

Reactions: OverlandTrax

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Ford
Member #

Service Branch
Former EMT
Bringing this back up to the front of mind, my girlfriend and I will be heading down from Denver on Friday to camp the night before and we are considering camping Saturday night depending on conditions. We'll be sleeping in the back of my Ranger. Anybody have solid plans for camping we could tag along with, or anybody want to discuss a spot to camp together and coordinate dinner? Looks like there's some USFS land about 10-15 miles south of La Junta and satellite view shows a few camp spots along the FS roads.

PM me here or on Telegram @unreghypercam2

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

Good morning all,
I’ve can canceled my RSVP to the rally, as I have to head home earlier than expected. The good news is that someone can now grab my ticket to the event on Recreation.gov. I hope to do this run next year when I return to Colorado. Hope you all have a great time!

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Good morning all,
I’ve can canceled my RSVP to the rally, as I have to head home earlier than expected. The good news is that someone can now grab my ticket to the event on Recreation.gov. I hope to do this run next year when I return to Colorado. Hope you all have a great time!
So sorry to hear it!

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Was notified this morning of a COVID exposure this week at the office. Sorry guys, we're not attending this one too avoid passing anything on to everyone else

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Was notified this morning of a COVID exposure this week at the office. Sorry guys, we're not attending this one too avoid passing anything on to everyone else
We were looking forward to seeing you.

I think most, if not all, had a good time. Great weather.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hey everyone! I’m booked for this trip. I’ll be heading up from Austin TX. Looking forward to meeting up. Also I’m open to camping!
Bummed you couldn't make it. Hope all is well with you.

Desmo900

Rank IV

Traveler III

Leander, TX
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Berger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5VKD
Hey everyone! I’m booked for this trip. I’ll be heading up from Austin TX. Looking forward to meeting up. Also I’m open to camping!
Bummed you couldn't make it. Hope all is well with you.
Thanks - me too. Last minute complications made it impossible. See you guys on the next one!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew