Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

After going through a number of inexpensive mounts, I've been using a Ram X Grip phone mount for about 2 years. :O

My wife uses the inexpensive Magnet ball mounts and they work pretty well.

Reactions: Viking Justice

Viking Justice

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Justice
Member #

For Jeep JK and JL/JT, I have used 67Designs dash mount with carbon arm. Phone mount was rock solid. I just bought a Bulletproof Mounting Solutions setup with dual balls for two arms. One for my phone, for for the GAIA tablet. I am working on a media rail that will mount across the dash with infinitely adjustable positions for anything you want to mount. Phone, tablet, CB mic, Go Pro, GPS, SPOD LED box, sat phone, etc. I want to be able to use both 67D and Bulletproof arms and clamps for greater diversity.

This is their phone and Go Pro mounts. I bought a longer arm and tablet clamp. Hope to install it later this week.

View attachment 168150
I've been thinking about doing the media rail as well. Not picked up my tablet yet for running GAIA, but I know it's going to need somewhere to live when I do.

Reactions: USStrongman

2dub

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Moyock, NC
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Workman
I've been using the iottie phone mount in all my vehicles. Has a suction cup with gel so it'll suction down to the top of the dash of my 03 gmc 1500. It's pretty low profile, the phone is bigger. Pretty stable and it has a feature that you push it in and it clamps down on your phone and pinch on it to open it. I haven't had one come off the dash nor my phone fall out. Best of all its like $18. They have one with wireless charging built in but of course it's a lot more.

I use to love my iOttie mounts like this but they changed something along the way. Before I'd say they were bulletproof, now the suction cup will not hold. Especially in the heat of the summer. I washed and reapplied like they suggested and ended up buying another 2 but they wouldn't hold either.

I'm interested in the WeatherTech cup holder mount. I bought an off brand and it wasn't worth it.