Patch Collection Questions

• Thread starter Deleted member 43520
  • Start date
  • HTML tutorial
I may be overthinking or nitpicking this. But when building a patch collection in your rig…

Do you only put patches in there for places you’ve driven to in that rig? What about places you visit that you didn’t/couldn’t drive to or if you take trips where you fly somewhere?

And if you get a new vehicle, do you move all your patches to the new vehicle or trash them/move them to a wall in your house and start over in the rig?

Are the patches souvenirs for all of your travels and experiences…or for that specific vehicle only?

Thanks!

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
here's a link to a thread with a lot of interesting replies concerning that...

Last edited:

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Mine is a collection of both. I have patches my Kids gave me. Patches from where we have been. Unit patches from when I was in the services. Unit Patches my buddies gave me. There is no right way and no wrong way. When/If I change rigs the patches will be moving.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Just patches I've collected though time. Most have some kind of personal connection with me. Some I just thought were funny.

Dlnuckolls

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Shepherdsville, KY, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Nuckolls
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4WHV
Mine is a patch collection from the adventures in this rig. If I ever replace my ride, I would move them to a wall of honor and start fresh.

But that is me, everyone will have different goals and opinions. So my advise is pick whichever approach makes sense for you and your rig!

But most of all… Enjoy the journey!

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
We trade patches for favors. Like gold coins in John Wick movie.

If you move to a new vehicle, at least toss your old patches in the glove box. Mt. Washington (counts if on foot only) and Key West (counts only if half naked) are the most valuable currency.

Lost my Key West patch to avoid being loved tenderly by Bigfoot. If you see a Sasquatch in a bear trap with a Key West patch on a straw hat, get my patch back before freeing her.

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

It’s your rig. Do what you want. Mine is a road trip collection, irrespective of the vehicle. I have parches from other countries where I’ve done road trips. It’s all about memories - not what that car has done. I sometimes buy two patches and put one on the wall at work.

7YODA5

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Texas, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6CHI
I’ve got patches from companies, places, funny things I like, and military unit patches from my time in service. It’s your collection make it yours by doing it how you want. Another way to look at it (pun intended) is No one will see it/ look at it more than you so make sure you like it.