Athens, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Murray
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4EDF
After several weeks of nothing but HAM test prep, I passed my technician test, and now I’m looking for a radio and antenna for my land cruiser. I’ve toyed around the CB’s and found my reception to be terrible, as I didn’t understand the antenna placement. That said, I anticipate a downside to bed lining the whole rig, is going to have similar effects. Any input would be great! I’m considering replacing the FM radio antenna as I never listen to FM radio anymore.

PFA
Congrats!!

73s
Dale - KM4EDF

Reactions: NicholsPack

NicholsPack

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Carrollton, VA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Nicholson
Member #

Got my email notification yesterday. I’m official. I’m thinking of a mid level 2m HT, then going for a full feature DMR for the rig. Anything I should avoid? The HT would see more use as I’d likely carry it in the work car (first responder in a rural area).

Ben
KO4PKV

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I love my Yaesu 2m handheld. For my mobiles I prefer removable faceplates. My radios mount under the seat and I can put the faceplate where I want it. The last two I mounted, I used velcro. It sticks to the carpet so well, I had to use a putty knife to reposition one of them. I use one of the unused switch covers for the mike. I install a phone jack mount that way I can keep the mic in the glovebox when not in use.

IMG_3128.JPG

Reactions: NicholsPack