Part 1, who's going to Overland Expo '23? part 2, who is road trippin/overlanding to IT and possible driving by Las Vegas?

• HTML tutorial

lil ford

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Las Vegas
First Name
HECTOR
Last Name
MALDONADO
Member #

Yeah, that my thought/question. I really want to go and i've never done a trip with any of the local OB members (always my wife n I) And i wondered who would do a trip on the back roads to Flagstaff, AZ or if even possible. Too many thought and ideas.
Silly concerns: I don't know how to use GPX files ( I hear of them all over the place)
I have the standard OB1 App, Not completely versed in it.
I don't have a tricked out "rig" just a very basic Ford 4x4 with bigger tires; but I do have camping gear. TMI?? lol

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Yeah, that my thought/question. I really want to go and i've never done a trip with any of the local OB members (always my wife n I) And i wondered who would do a trip on the back roads to Flagstaff, AZ or if even possible. Too many thought and ideas.
Silly concerns: I don't know how to use GPX files ( I hear of them all over the place)
I have the standard OB1 App, Not completely versed in it.
I don't have a tricked out "rig" just a very basic Ford 4x4 with bigger tires; but I do have camping gear. TMI?? lol
You might put out a map message or publish a rally point for a convoy to Expo West. That way you can get local info. @mwilson920 might know of LV members that are going.

lil ford

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Las Vegas
First Name
HECTOR
Last Name
MALDONADO
Member #

You might put out a map message or publish a rally point for a convoy to Expo West. That way you can get local info. @mwilson920 might know of LV members that are going.
Thank you Kent, those are good thoughts and i will explore them asap.

mwilson920

US West Region Local Expert Las Vegas

Protector II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Michelle
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

I don’t know of anyone going to Expo West. I can put out feelers in my other overlanding groups and see.

Reactions: Sylvester

lil ford

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Las Vegas
First Name
HECTOR
Last Name
MALDONADO
Member #

cool, ty,
I looked at the terrain, looks very rough n I didn't see any trails, may be a long shot.

Zummaj

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New Smyrna, Florida, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Spoor
Member #

I'm headed to Expo west - on the trails two days before and two days after - BUT headed from and then back to Denver, also looking for trail companions, so I will send out a Map message as Kent suggested,

Thanks,

Jeffrey

lil ford

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Las Vegas
First Name
HECTOR
Last Name
MALDONADO
Member #

That sounds awesome! I'm in Las Vegas, NV. I hope someone joins you from your neck of the woods cause logistically this would be way off the beaten path. Wish you the best on you trip!

Zummaj

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New Smyrna, Florida, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Spoor
Member #

Any takers for the Denver to Weston Pass to Tin Cup adventure on the way to ExpoWest 23?

Leaving on the 16th from Denver,

j