PANTS

• HTML tutorial

MtMan

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Stow, MA
Member #

I have always been a fan of Arc'teryx gear and love their hiking and tactical pants. Great fit and they breathe well for those warm days. The model that I like is the Palisades Hiking pant. They are pricey but the comfort is worth it...

Masheen365

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South GA
Member #

In the summer I wear 5.11 and lightweight Carhart shorts. It's too hot for anything else down here in July and August.
When it cools down or I'm doing mechanic type stuff I'll wear Carhart, Dickies, or Saddle Bred jeans. If I know I'll be in deep brush I'll throw on a pair of briar britches. Hunting for me however, it's usually mid low 50s as a low and dry. Gotta love the South.

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I wear shorts whenever possible, and in the winter when that's not possible here I've started wearing 5.11 pants. I absolutely hate jeans. I've got a couple pairs of 5.11 pants and like them. I haven't liked how the pants leg tapers at the ankle because of the shoes I wore, but now that I've got some new boots in might not be too bad. They do seem to be too heavy for the summer up here though.

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

I have a few pairs of Prana pants and shorts. They are super comfortable and have a slight stretch to the material so moving around isn't challenging (I rock climb in them). They are very breathable and dry super fast. There are zipper pockets so wallets, phones, keys, etc. don't fall out. The price point is also very reasonable compared to other brands and they are pretty stylish for everyday wear.

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
I second the Prana pants and shorts, in particular the Prana Zion. I own multiple pairs of these, they hold up well and are very comfortable.

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

5.11 have been my all around go to pants but if I know I'll be wanting shorts during the day my north face convertible pants are very comfortable and durable and give me a little more versatility but the pockets are a little weird. For the real tough stuff like cutting wood I like my carhart double front canvas pants.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

I wear the Wrangler Riggs Ranger pants for work, and started wearing them on the trail a while back as well. They're heavier, but relaxed-type fit, so they breathe well and aren't horrible when it's hot. I've never gotten around to picking any up, but they also make a shorts version.

Mike Q

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Buckeye, Arizona, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Q
Member #

I try not to pack to much clothing. Using multi purpose clothing, aka pants that convert to shorts. Stain treated... i like the Eddie Bauer Guide series collection: pro convertible pants , shirts and outerwear. Have been using them for years. Mild soap or just wet and hang.. oder free.

Reactions: SLO Rob

Warhorse

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Dallas Oregon
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Gaither
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7SBN
Most of my outdoor gear is military surplus. Cheap. Sometimes easy to get. Winter time equals wool. Not a fan of gortex, I sweat too bad. Some synthetics are good. 5-11 pants for summer. Lots of pockets and Teflon coated, water beads off pretty well. Only thing I won't skimp on is boots. Best duds in the world mean jack squat if you can't walk.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

You guys should give UnderArmour a look. @SLOCeeCee got me two pairs just before OTG 17 and they are great...lighter weight, little bit of stretch, but not flimsy or wimpy. If it were colder, I'd go Carhartt, but check out UA if you haven't.