Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

***UPDATE*** We've changed the date to Monday, May 25 due to weather. If anyone is interested.

Hello,

Silver City road and town in Idaho opens up Memorial Day weekend. I'm planning on heading out maybe Saturday, May 30 from Boise area at 10:00 am and getting down to Silver City whenever we get there. I guess they have good pie at the hotel, I'm not a pie person but I like supporting small communities. There are also a few geocaches around the town I'd like to find. Then, there are several mines that would be cool to check out and maybe explore if it's possible on the way to De Lamar ID, what looks to have the most standing buildings for any ghost town in Idaho. I put my track link below, I have no idea what I'm doing so if you come and we get lost and are eaten by bears, sorry. There are a ton of unmaintained roads that will drive you past many different mine sites. Anyone interested in coming along?

Last edited:
Reactions: reaver

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I would love to, but I'm going on a 4 day trip the week before that, so likely won't make it. I'm very curious to see what you think of the road conditions though. I've never been down there, and definitely want to check it out.

wishihada4runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

You're more than welcome if you have the spare time. We're still up in the air on dates, might be Memorial Day weekend, Saturday, May 23. I think I have a couple buddies from work interested too.