Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canada
First Name
Denis
Last Name
G
Member #

Is there anybody out there got OVS Nomadic RTT. i am interested in Nomadic 4 extended. But could not find reviews , would like some feedback from somebody who uses it.

Mustangski

Rank I

Contributor III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
JEFF
Last Name
PAWELSKI
We purchased the OVS Nomadic 4 RTT, the largest they make. Price was great, fast shipping, great customer service when I called and spoke to a rep. We've only used it twice since purchasing it, but worked very well on both occasions. I would highly recommend it, plus they have a 4 year warranty.

df150

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canada
First Name
Denis
Last Name
G
Member #

Thanks, how is the set up and pack up process ? Did you get annex as well, i am not sure if i need it ? How many can sleep in it realistically ?

Mustangski

Rank I

Contributor III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
JEFF
Last Name
PAWELSKI
IMG_2697.jpg

I wish I had a better review of it, there really wasn't much out there online about them. You could sleep two adults and two kids comfortably in it, however my wife feels too cramped with all four of us. I stay in the tent with the kids and she sleeps in the truck, I have a padded bedrug and a mattress so all are very comfortable. I have a brand new, never used annex that I'd sell for very cheap. We bought it and really have no intentions on using it. The setup seems very simple to me, and very fast. We were looking at the Smitybilt tent as well, which looks very similar to this however in some reviews on the Smitybilt I saw they had issues with the ladder. This had an expanding ladder which is what sold me. I've never had it in rain and I'm not sure how the rain fly will hold up, I feel water may collect on the part above the ladder since it's a long stretch between the support poles.

Understand this is my first RTT, I've been camping for more than 30 years but this is my first role into the RTT world. We love it and the price is right for me, if we had to do it again I would still go for the OVS.

Reactions: xtreme_6_7

boogiedynamite

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Paducah, KY
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Klepeis
Member #

Been looking at one myself, how is the mattress? It says 3inch memory foam didn’t know how comfy it was right out of the gate.

Mustangski

Rank I

Contributor III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
JEFF
Last Name
PAWELSKI
Been looking at one myself, how is the mattress? It says 3inch memory foam didn’t know how comfy it was right out of the gate.
I've slept very well on it, same with the kids. It is very comfortable, we haven't had any issues with the tent in either quality or comfort. I don't do "roughing it" camping anymore either!

Reactions: boogiedynamite

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I have the OVS Nomadic 3 and love it. I can set it up in less than 10 minutes, my sleeping bag stays in it so all I need is a pillow and I'm ready to sleep in less than 10 minutes! The mattress is firm but very comfortable, just as comfortable as most Queen beds I've slept on.

deFine_overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pemberwick Park Lane, Houston, Texas 77070, United States
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
DeFino
Member #

Is there anybody out there got OVS Nomadic RTT. i am interested in Nomadic 4 extended. But could not find reviews , would like some feedback from somebody who uses it.
I have their Nomadic 2. I have the annex, put it on once and then packed it up and will never get it out again. My belief was that it would help with some privacy and have a spot to take off shoes to help keep tent clean. I found however, that because of the place heavy rubber floor it acted like and oven and just pushed a ton of hot air into the tent. Plus, it was a pain in the ass. Otherwise, I love the tent. The floor seems a little thin, but has held up and is sturdy when I am in it.
As far as the mattress goes, I hate, hate, hated it. I’m 6’8” 260 lbs. and it was not comfortable to me. I tried a 3” down mattress topper on it, but it was tight to close up and I couldn’t leave anything else up there. It was important to me to be able to store my bedding there so that I didn’t have to take the time to unpack the tent each time I closed it and I didn’t want to have to store the bedding in the vehicle. i went ahead and put an air matesss in my tent and ditched the 3” foam mattress and I love it. Very comfortable, isn’t too tall and best of all is before I pack up, I plug it in it and deflate it and I can then leave a sheet, comforter, quilt and 4 pillows in there when I close it. That part is awesome to me.
Like others stated, setup and takedown is a breeze.
my only real complaint is that I have done most my camp in in it is on beaches and mountain tops, and a little bit of breeze gets the rain fly flapping pretty good which can be annoying. I normally prefer to pop the rain fly off if I know there is no chance of rain, but it can be a pain to take off and put on.
Hope this helps.
-DOM