Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Lake Villa, Lake County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Letyce
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Hey Everyone! My husband and I recently got into overlanding and have decided to go all out. We purchased a ‘96 Ford E-150 conversion van with 4wheel drive. We’ve had to completely gut it and are almost done with everything. We’ve outfitted the van with a rooftop tent, light bar, house battery, electric cooler, and other things. The condition the van was in when we got it dubbed it Joe Dirt. My kids are anxious to get on those trails. I’m happy to be a part of this group and I’m looking forward to learning and experiencing everything there is to know about overlanding.

Attachments

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Welcome to OB! You have obviously put a TON or work into your rig and it looks more than ready to get going. I hope you and your family enjoy getting out in the "dirt" :-)

Reactions: Joedirt96

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome to the OB family. Love the van setup. I'm originally from just south of Joliet. Snow doesn't agree with me. No I live in Tampa Fl.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone! My husband and I recently got into overlanding and have decided to go all out. We purchased a ‘96 Ford E-150 conversion van with 4wheel drive. We’ve had to completely gut it and are almost done with everything. We’ve outfitted the van with a rooftop tent, light bar, house battery, electric cooler, and other things. The condition the van was in when we got it dubbed it Joe Dirt. My kids are anxious to get on those trails. I’m happy to be a part of this group and I’m looking forward to learning and experiencing everything there is to know about overlanding.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland @James.Laidlaw
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Nice family overlander
sooo is the RTT an adult escape suite, or a jail for the kids....