EU Mid Europe Overlanders meet HAMs: Meetup at the VHF radio conference in Weinheim, Germany, Europe

• HTML tutorial

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

In September there will be again the legendary VHF conference of radio amateurs in Weinheim, Germany (about an hour drive from Frankfurt/ Main). The actual conference will take place on Saturday. The programme is again packed with a wealth of excellent and interesting presentations. From beginner topics to fancy technical stuff. There will also be interesting topics for overlanders. There is a simple camping option (8 Euro or 10/ night depending on the rig size).

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
There are not quite two weeks left until the meeting at the VHF conference. I will be there from Friday evening. Markus plans to arrive on Friday as well. We will camp at the Clubhouse. There will be a shuttle bus to the conference facilities on Saturday. We will stay until Sunday.

This meetup is a great opportunity to talk to experienced radio operators, to get information and to listen to interesting presentations. Anyone else plan to join us there?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
By the way, you can now find the lecture and classes program here. There is really a lot, from radio technology and antenna construction to emergency power supply and emergency radio to various projects and much more. Take a look and maybe there are still a few who want to be there. Especially for the OB members based around the Rhein Main Neckar area it is really nearby

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
It was a great event. A packed campground, interesting lectures and presentations at the conference itself, flea market, expo, many good conversations and much more.

There where presentations with many exciting topics for us overlanders, e.g. a weather project to better understand the weather, setting up emergency power supplies or emergency communication. And by the way, newcomers to the subject of radio communication can make good contacts with experienced radio operators.

And last but not least, the date for the next VHF conference, which will be the 69th event, is already set: 6th to 8th Sep 2024 - I will set up an RP for it.

181167418_20230909_064622_2539555_resized.jpg

731943861_20230909_071030_2804771_resized.jpg

-1616835813_20230909_071740_2724899_resized.jpg

-765097035_20230909_073450_3227070_resized.jpg

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern