kentrik

Rank 0

Contributor I

Utah
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Christensen
This appears to be an awesome start to a sticky! @OP, any further links for the other parts beyond 1 and 2?

Reactions: Desert Runner

freeheelRN

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Utah, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Harvey
Member #

The price has actually been reduced to $35 for 10 years.[/QUOTE]
Officially, yes, but as of 2/2/22 they haven’t reduced the fee. It is still $70 for now.

MadMedic

Rank V

Trail Mechanic II

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
McCamley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRPG822
Service Branch
Fredericksburg FD
All of the kits are great, but without solid training on how to use it, you are not even half way there. Having the biggest coolest first aid kit is worthless, if you don’t know what to do with the contents. I have found that something as seemingly simple as a tourniquet can actually be a problem. People know in therory how it is supposed to work, but underestimate drastically how tight it needs to be to work. I’ve been a fire/medic for well over 20 years now, and I can’t stress enough how important it is to go take a class on how to use the emergency gear you carry.
Absolutely! There are some cheap / free courses individuals can take through a "Stop the Bleed" class ( bleedingcontrol.org). Some local fire and rescue departments or hospitals might also host or deliver first aid training to the community.

Hernandez59

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buckeye, AZ, USA
First Name
Emilio
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7KFQ / WRMB843
Service Branch
Army
Ive been sporting a gmrs vehicle mount. And now a ham, cb on my over head console. Cell dash mounted also gps . l carry a med bag fully stock from my search and rescue day. My jeeps has a winch, jack, max trax. And in feel i dont carry enough.