Overland rack for hard truck caps? Anyone make them?

• HTML tutorial

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
I have a LEER cap. Front Runner makes racks for truck caps. I have had mine for many years and have loved it.

Attachments

Enthusiast II

Agoura Hills, CA, USA
First Name
Jolo
Last Name
Bejasa
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Silverback
I have an ARE truck cap on Ruby, Does anyone know if there is anyone making overland racks for these? Or am I stuck with putting a roof rack on er and calling it a day.
We make mounting options for all types of vehicles and applications! We especially have a fitment for ARE shells. Personally, I have a Slimline II on my steel shell and love it. I typically run a few Wolf Pack Pro and mounts, some tie down rings and stratchits for universal mounting purposes, and have rack handles with lights for when I cook at night.

Attachments

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
We make mounting options for all types of vehicles and applications! We especially have a fitment for ARE shells. Personally, I have a Slimline II on my steel shell and love it. I typically run a few Wolf Pack Pro and mounts, some tie down rings and stratchits for universal mounting purposes, and have rack handles with lights for when I cook at night.
That's awesome. Do you have the front rack for the roof of the truck as well, so can make the full length one like on your truck? that's a great setup.

mike528

Rank II

Member I

Jackson Center, OH, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Lotz
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
My ARE topper came with the yakima rails and ladder bars but they where starting to rust out. so I built mine out of unistrut and welded, was going to bolt it together but welding was faster, can get the strut from most big box stores along with a large selection of mounting options, and has good weight bearing capabilities. made mine 4' x 6'
IMG_8604 (1).jpeg
IMG_8745.jpeg

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I found a rack made by US Racks that will serve as a base for our rack. We are going to add molle panels to the sides and a platform on top to carry stuff. When needed the platform can be removed and the yak raks put up to carry our kayaks.