Advocate III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Flecke
Member #

Ok Gents,

Another year gone...and another expo west is upon us. I'll be heading up from Tucson on Thursday if anyone is interested in caravaning.

See ya there!
Hey! If you're going to take ROADS to Flagstaff, we'd be interested in caravaning.

rb9228

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Yuma, Arizona, United States
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Banning
Member #

I too just registered. I’ll be coming from Yuma, AZ. I wonder if I can plan an all off-road route to the Expo
Did you check the Overland Bound One app? I have not used the app yet.
I’m still getting used to using the app. I tend to meet up with the FB groups for all my overlanding & wheeling trips.

Salt

Rank V

Advocate III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Flecke
Member #

I’m still getting used to using the app. I tend to meet up with the FB groups for all my overlanding & wheeling trips.
Well, I just found this and I think I'll give it a shot. Sometime soon if not for the trek up to the Expo.

Are you familiar with the Arizona Backcountry Discovery Route? From Tucson to Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon.
View attachment 254544

Reactions: Kent R and AggieOE

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Well, I just found this and I think I'll give it a shot. Sometime soon if not for the trek up to the Expo.

Are you familiar with the Arizona Backcountry Discovery Route? From Tucson to Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon.
View attachment 254544
This looks interesting! Depending on time, I may try to do a small portion of this on the way up.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reactions: Salt

Akicita

Rank IV

Advocate I

Firestone, CO, USA
First Name
Akicita
Last Name
Lakota
Member #

I've been invited as a presenter by Overland Expo and will be there for the entire expo while camping in Tatanka on-site. I hope to see and meet many of you that are attending. My topic is "Comfort is an Illusion."

Reactions: Old Man Old Truck

Old Man Old Truck

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Liberty, SC, USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

I've been invited as a presenter by Overland Expo and will be there for the entire expo while camping in Tatanka on-site. I hope to see and meet many of you that are attending. My topic is "Comfort is an Illusion."
I will also be there camping on site! Hope to see you there!

Salt

Rank V

Advocate III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Flecke
Member #

Deliberate Discomfort (van Camp)? Reading it now. Cool concept.

Salt

Rank V

Advocate III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Flecke
Member #

That route is on the OB1 app
Here's a screenshot of the route, through Flagstaff.
Arizona BDR - Medium (Mexican border to the Grand Canyon). Looks like a fun, scenic route. Not especially difficult.

90C41B83-C495-4EE1-8D98-15F5ED467A1C.png

Last edited:
Reactions: AggieOE
U

UgotWheelz

Thought I’d get a head start on this. Unfortunately my spouse can’t join me but am going to head that way this year for my first time. Been wanting to go for quite a while, since they started just could never swing it. We will be heading out from North Georgia but have to stop in Colorado a few days beforehand. Would love to meet up with others and network and get to know others on here.
I am planning on doing expo Pacific Northwest I may do west but it’s the same weekend as the coyote works high altitude overland trip so I might do that instead if there is a get together I’d love to hear about it ding me with details

Salt

Rank V

Advocate III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Flecke
Member #

I am planning on doing expo Pacific Northwest I may do west but it’s the same weekend as the coyote works high altitude overland trip so I might do that instead if there is a get together I’d love to hear about it ding me with details
Hey! Off topic but where will the coyote works high altitude overland trip post photos and other info? Would like to see that! Might generate ideas for expeditions by the Arizona crowd.

U

UgotWheelz

I would imagine that @coyoteworks and at @advwithRoscoe the two organizers well post information to their social media accounts. I’ll be taking quite a bit of photos for Instagram not sure if I’ll do any video or not.

Reactions: Salt