Overland Expo West 2019 - Who is going and where are you coming from?

• HTML tutorial

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Hey all! Just curious as to which of our fellow Overland Bound members are going to Expo West this year?

Adding a few photos so y'all can get to know us if you don't already.

We just came back from an overlanding trip deep into the interior of Mexico. We'll be speaking at Expo West this year and we'll be on a couple of panels. We'd love to connect with y'all.

The-Jeepsies-Crew.png
(One of our recent trips out to Utah)

Jeepsies-in-Mexico-Sierra-Gorda.png
(Overlanding with Overland Bound friends in the interior of Mexico)

Jeepsies-on-the-beach.png
(This is on our Jeep in case y'all spot us. Stop and say hi!)

As far as where we're coming from, well we don't know. We literally travel fulltime (aka we own no real property or home) so there's no telling. But we'll be watching the responses to this thread to see if we can connect with any of y'all along the way!

Anyway, hope to see some responses and connect with friends both old and new. Looking forward to Expo West!

Eric, Brittany, and #LittleNomad aka Jeepsies

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Looks like you folks are having a great time. A group of us called "Convoy 40" will be leaving California on Thursday morning of the week of Overland Expo West. This is our third year making the run and we are up to 16 rigs. We try to camp all in the same area once we get there. I will be sure to look out for you guys. Be safe in your travels.

Dominic - OB #0158

Sarge368

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Darby, MT
First Name
John
Last Name
Branham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7ECC
Hey all! Just curious as to which of our fellow Overland Bound members are going to Expo West this year?

We just came back from an overlanding trip deep into the interior of Mexico. We'll be speaking at Expo West this year and we'll be on a couple of panels. We'd love to connect with y'all.

View attachment 91964

View attachment 91965

View attachment 91966

As far as where we're coming from, well we don't know. We literally travel fulltime (aka we own no real property or home) so there's no telling. But we'll be watching the responses to this thread to see if we can connect with any of y'all along the way!

Anyway, hope to see some responses and connect with friends both old and new. Looking forward to Expo West!

Wow! Impressed and jealous that you travel full-time! Would really like to hear your talk at Expo. Unfortunately we won't be making it yet. Working hard at wrapping up my career so that my wife and I can travel a lot more. Coincidentally my wife's jeep is the same color as yours. I just can't get her interested in a roof top tent!

WrightRunner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

MONUMENT RANCH PERRIS CA 92570
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Wright
Member #

View attachment 91964

View attachment 91965

View attachment 91966

We will be with the Convoy 40 group. We will look you up!

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Looks like you folks are having a great time. A group of us called "Convoy 40" will be leaving California on Thursday morning of the week of Overland Expo West. This is our third year making the run and we are up to 16 rigs. We try to camp all in the same area once we get there. I will be sure to look out for you guys. Be safe in your travels.

Dominic - OB #0158
Wow, OB #0158 you've been around a minute Dominic! Convoy 40 sounds like a blast. Last year at the mudfest that was Expo East we went in with 38 rigs from Overland Bound. We'd love to connect with a group again this year. But I think we need to arrive Wednesday because we're speaking... something about a mandatory meeting. But make sure you let us know where you end up camping so we can connect with you and the Convoy 40 members.

Sonarman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North SF bay area
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Arietta
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KMA6AIU
Service Branch
US Submarine Force
I will be going to Expo from North San Francisco Bay Area.

Reactions: Cendee

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

There will be a couple of us coming from San Antonio and El Paso.
Nice we'll be coming from Texas too, but we are making the trek over a month or so. Traveling fulltime we don't travel very far each day, but we do move locations fairly frequently. We're in Corpus right now. We'll be in San Antonio on Wednesday and Austin on Friday. Hope we get a chance to connect at Expo!

Reactions: Cendee and mep1811

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Nice we'll be coming from Texas too, but we are making the trek over a month or so. Traveling fulltime we don't travel very far each day, but we do move locations fairly frequently. We're in Corpus right now. We'll be in San Antonio on Wednesday and Austin on Friday. Hope we get a chance to connect at Expo!
We will take a couple of days to get there.

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Wow, OB #0158 you've been around a minute Dominic! Convoy 40 sounds like a blast. Last year at the mudfest that was Expo East we went in with 38 rigs from Overland Bound. We'd love to connect with a group again this year. But I think we need to arrive Wednesday because we're speaking... something about a mandatory meeting. But make sure you let us know where you end up camping so we can connect with you and the Convoy 40 members.
Sound great...we'll be sure to look out for you guys. Safe travels.

Reactions: Hourless Life

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Wow! Impressed and jealous that you travel full-time! Would really like to hear your talk at Expo. Unfortunately we won't be making it yet. Working hard at wrapping up my career so that my wife and I can travel a lot more. Coincidentally my wife's jeep is the same color as yours. I just can't get her interested in a roof top tent!
Sarge, sorry you won't make it this year. Fulltime travel is amazing, but not without it's own challenges for sure. Tell your wife that all it would take would be one trip with a nice RTT and it will change her life!

Reactions: Sarge368

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
We’ll leave our home in Laguna Beach, California early Thursday morning. Would love to connect with our OB Community there. This is our second time going and I am looking forward to learning more about this crazy life passion that keeps happily draining my wallet!

Docwilder

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

South Korea
First Name
Joby
Last Name
Denny
Member #

Service Branch
Army
There will be a couple of us coming from San Antonio and El Paso.
New member here and I'll be volunteering at the EXPO. I'm coming from El Paso, too. When are you guys heading that way?

Reactions: Cendee