Rank II

Pathfinder III

Miami, Florida, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Blanco
Member #

Ranger is packed and ready to go. Unfortunately I waited to long to purchase my ticket, so I missed out on the opportunity to participate in the Overland Experience. So my brother and I will be in the Weekend Pass location. Should be heading out tomorrow afternoon, stopping for the night in the Savannah area, and finishing off the drive Friday.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Ranger is packed and ready to go. Unfortunately I waited to long to purchase my ticket, so I missed out on the opportunity to participate in the Overland Experience. So my brother and I will be in the Weekend Pass location. Should be heading out tomorrow afternoon, stopping for the night in the Savannah area, and finishing off the drive Friday.
Check out the thread where Expo East is capitalized. Ohio Valley Overland is trying to get a group camp area. Mobile right now, so I don’t have the link to it. On this thread too, but most current is in the ither I think.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

So I had a wheel bearing failure on the way to Overland expo… I’m running a day behind now it won’t get there until Thursday at about noon… We’ll see what the next 24 hours brings Overland expo or bust

Attachments

Reactions: Wellspring

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

I’m now bracing for the fun time. Getting ready to head downtown for dinner and “Come From Away” tonight (we’ve got season tickets), get home about 10 if we’re lucky, get up at 2 am to hit the road by 3 at the latest for an 11 hour drive, most of it in rain. To quoteDanny Glover: “I’m getting too old for this sh!t.”

Reactions: harpersJK

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Ok we have our spot…not where I thought it would be but it’s right in the mix of everything…we are in the infield right along the fence
From where you are, how is the traffic routing? Easy to get to the driving area from there? Looking at the venue map I can't see if it's doable.

VoodooRanger

Rank II

Pathfinder III

Miami, Florida, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Blanco
Member #

Great show experience and meeting people from all over. Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to meet any of you fine folks. We made it into the camping area late afternoon just before the time cap, so we set up halfway up the hill in the overflow area.

Attachments

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
It's a bummer more of us OB members weren't able to meet up, sounds like there was a lot more there than I knew about for sure! I wonder if that's a feature that could be built into the Overland Bound app. The ability to show up to a big event like this and find other OB members on a map thru the app. If you wanted people to find you check in, if not you just don't check in.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

It's a bummer more of us OB members weren't able to meet up, sounds like there was a lot more there than I knew about for sure! I wonder if that's a feature that could be built into the Overland Bound app. The ability to show up to a big event like this and find other OB members on a map thru the app. If you wanted people to find you check in, if not you just don't check in.
That's a great idea!

JeepingMike

Rank V

Advocate II

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB7THL
Service Branch
USN Corpsman Veteran
A similar thought was put out, but region based meetups. I guess the idea could be built with multiple options/groupings if they did it...

the4burgetts

Rank V

Explorer I

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
Echo
Last Name
Burgett
Member #

Great show experience and meeting people from all over. Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to meet any of you fine folks. We made it into the camping area late afternoon just before the time cap, so we set up halfway up the hill in the overflow area.
I had so much fun meeting people and seeing people I knew from the other 2 expos I didn’t even think of trying to see if other OB’s never were there didn’t think of it the other 2 times either. Only if it was apparent they were a member or it came up in conversation. It would have been great to have a member gathering. I camped all three times in volunteer camping.