Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

I'm OK with the pricing. Low pricing, would mean the event would be flooded by pikey's (again).

The mask bit is a deal breaker for me. Sorry guys, I'm not masking up outdoors. I'm going to sit this one out, I'll go free camping instead this year.
They actually changed the mask requirement to optional for anyone who has been vaccinated, so it would only be the indoor spaces that have a requirement in place.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

So still no verification on if we can camp together like we did in 2019...BUT... I have been chosen as a Social Media Ambassador by Overland Expo for OEE2021 so I'm hoping that will give me a bit of an inside track on getting us a camping spot together...Keep your figures crosses but I'm feeling confident....wear a mask, be safe, I love you...

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Here is a map I made up showing Infinity Downs and the set up from 2019...I'm hoping to get the same camping as we had then...This is unofficially the unofficial map so don't hold it up to a volunteers face and swear its where you need to be...my number is 502-724-6435 so when you arrive text me your name and location if you can't find us and I can come a scoop you up if needed...

Infinity Downs Map.jpg

dgard1

Rank 0

Contributor I

Lynchburg, VA
First Name
David
Last Name
Gardner
Thankfully, I live about 45 minutes from the Overland Expo 2021 site in Arrington, VA (near Lovingston, VA).
I'm going to do the 1 day pass and park with the masses, but I would like to meet some fellow OB members.
Please let me know where your campsite is to be located (plse reference a visaul marker or reference to a visual marker).
Let me know if I can assist anyone.
Dave G
ps...how do I update my login icon?

Reactions: Wellspring

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Looking at the app, it looks like they've got a messaging system built in but unfortunately it seems like the only way to add connections is in person. Unless I'm missing it, I don't see a way to add by name or address, just the "shake or tap" option. Interestingly, the map isn't fully in the Android version of the app yet. I just have the shapes of the building, none of the labels for the camping areas or the like.

That said, I guess we could use the OB1 app to drop a rally point once it's determined we can group together.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Tanker

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Looking at the app, it looks like they've got a messaging system built in but unfortunately it seems like the only way to add connections is in person. Unless I'm missing it, I don't see a way to add by name or address, just the "shake or tap" option. Interestingly, the map isn't fully in the Android version of the app yet. I just have the shapes of the building, none of the labels for the camping areas or the like.

That said, I guess we could use the OB1 app to drop a rally point once it's determined we can group together.
That’s the plan…I’ll post up here, do a Rally Point and post it on the OB FB pages in the East, Midwest and Southeast

Halfbreed_Ovrlandr

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evans, GA
Member #

Looks like rain again this year. Hopefully its nothing like it was at the mud fest @ the Oscar Blues location in NC. Even though it was fun, it was an utter mess. I still wonder to this day if the fields there have been repaired and healed.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

Looks like rain again this year. Hopefully its nothing like it was at the mud fest @ the Oscar Blues location in NC. Even though it was fun, it was an utter mess. I still wonder to this day if the fields there have been repaired and healed.
Hoping that it turns out to just be scattered showers kind of stuff. I saw lots of video of the mudfest, and would rather not deal with that on my first Expo outing. :)

Wellspring

Rank II

Enthusiast III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Spirakis
Oh please! I was employed by Overland Expo as paid staffing as I had the previous 5 years while it took place in Asheville, and had to work that show. I never dried out the entire week I worked the show outside in the parking lots and other varfious outdoor venues I was assigned to, and it sucked......., Big time. There was one other time we had rain like that, and that was a few years prior to that last show: Another washout of a show.

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I'm use to AMA Vintage Days Mid Ohio, or as refer to it Mud Ohio....I was at the notorious 2018 OEE and I had a ball....come prepared, we are overlanders after all!....moto mud drags anyone!

Overland Omnivore

Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Looks like it’s going to be a rainy weekend…pack your rain gear and umbrellas…I’m sure glad my 270 awning came in on time…

Attachments