Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Thursday night my Grandson and I will be camping at Cabelas in Hamburg PA.....Heading down to VA early Friday AM....We are traveling from SE Massachusetts....If you are going this way, join us!
Will you be coming through the DC area?...If so would you be willing to pick up two empty aluminum cases for me if you have the room?

SleipnirTheJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Warrenton, VA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Blake
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I’d anyone is interested within the Northern Virginia area I am going to set up a Rally Point for Friday at the Sheetz in Warrenton to convoy down. Want to leave out by 8:00 a.m.

K9LTW

Rank IV
Investor

Traveler III

Front Royal, VA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Arnold
Member #

Will you be coming through the DC area?...If so would you be willing to pick up two empty aluminum cases for me if you have the room?
@Ohio Valley Overland where in the "DC area"? We're in Front Royal, VA (70 miles west, but still considered the DC area to non-locals :laughing:). But I work near Dulles airport. Feel free to PM me if you want as we may be able to grab them. My wife and I will only be at the Expo on Friday, though.

potfish

Rank I

Contributor III

Boston, MA, USA
First Name
MARTIN
Last Name
PITWOOD
Thursday night my Grandson and I will be camping at Cabelas in Hamburg PA.....Heading down to VA early Friday AM....We are traveling from SE Massachusetts....If you are going this way, join us!
I'll wave as I fly overhead. I live to the west of Boston and will be flying from Manchester NH to DCA on Friday and attending the Expo on Saturday. My first Overland Expo, and a long time since any big expeditions. Starting again from almost zero and very keen to check out expedition trailers and tow vehicles for long distance self-reliant adventures.

Reactions: Overland Omnivore

Oldclydex

Rank III
Investor

Contributor III

Tallmadge, OH
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Connel
Member #

Service Branch
Marines
I am going, volunteering again this year. Wil be there from Tuesday through Sunday. Will be working in Registration on Thursday and Friday, give me a shout if you see me.

Abez2k20

Rank I

Traveler I

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
AM
Last Name
Bezos
Member #

I’d anyone is interested within the Northern Virginia area I am going to set up a Rally Point for Friday at the Sheetz in Warrenton to convoy down. Want to leave out by 8:00 a.m.
is that rally point happening on saturday? anyone show interest? i would be, planning on going to leaving from Leesburg.

SleipnirTheJeep

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Warrenton, VA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Blake
Member #

Service Branch
Army
It’s for Friday morning. I don’t think anyone has replied yet…
is that rally point happening on saturday? anyone show interest? i would be, planning on going to leaving from Leesburg.

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

I'll be rolling from West Tennessee in the wee hours on Thursday. It's about 11 hours from here, plus time change, so we're hoping to hit the road around 3 am to hopefully roll in to camp 3ish in the afternoon.

Reactions: Old Tanker

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I am going, volunteering again this year. Wil be there from Tuesday through Sunday. Will be working in Registration on Thursday and Friday, give me a shout if you see me.
I'll be rolling in Wednesday....I'll see you then....See if you can scout out the area here and let me know what its like on the ground....

Attachments

Moebius01

Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

I'll be rolling in Wednesday....I'll see you then....See if you can scout out the area here and let me know what its like on the ground....
Question. If you're able to get a group area, would it still be able to get the Jeep to the experience driving section? Or since I'm enrolled in that would I need to set up where they've got blocked for it?

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

Question. If you're able to get a group area, would it still be able to get the Jeep to the experience driving section? Or since I'm enrolled in that would I need to set up where they've got blocked for it?
I’m sure you can get to it…

SteveC-Pro4X

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Havertown, PA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Coscia
Member #

It was a good Expo, but not great.

The best part are the other campers with whom ideas are shared and stories are told. I brought a portable fire pit and this resulted in a nightly gathering of nearby campers. Everyone loves talking about their gear.

The food was mediocre at best and I included this in my post-Expo survey. Previous years featured a BBQ pit. This year featured food trucks. Food adds much to the ambiance.

The exposition was fun and I learned much this year. Bought a 100Ah AntiGravity battery at great discount - a show special price.

Overall a fun time.
IMG_6901.jpg

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
My wife and I went for the day Friday , This year wasn’t as good as previous years oh well there’s always next year .