Enthusiast III

First Name
Juan
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6BAY
ooh Cobb, "I like it alot" Man I wish I hadn't seen this now i have to justify the purchase of one of these the CFO! aka wife!

Reactions: Michael

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Rum & Coke Pork Ribs

Ingredients :
1.5kg pork spare ribs
Rum (Bundaberg of course)
Coca-Cola
Garlic
1 packet french onion soup
Place the ribs into your camp oven and add a cup of your favorite rum, 2 table spoons of crushed garlic and a packet of french onion soup then cover with coke. pop on the lid and place on the coals. takes around and hour, hour and a half you end up with sticky rum flavored goodness

10647076_344717229039136_4629506762092413591_n.jpg 10635808_344717225705803_5468020839108247249_n.jpg 1003068_344717215705804_1286450728854195329_n.jpg 10689756_344717272372465_7860414093549344885_n.jpg 68938_344717219039137_3264216383476645498_n.jpg

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
Looks good. I may try that soon.

How bout some Italian Beef Sammies?

Ingredients :
Roast cut into several chunks to keep cooking time down, but can do whole if you got some hours
Bottle of beer
Cup or so of water or can of beef broth(bullion cubes could work)
Packet Italian Seasoning
Jar of sliced Pepperoncini
Hoagie Buns
Giardiniera - hotter the better!

Place the roast into your camp oven and add a cup of water/broth, bottle of brew, a packet of dry Italian Seasoning, and whole jar of pepperoncini. Slap on the lid and place on the coals. takes an hour or two depending on heat and size of roast chunk. Done when you can shred it apart with a fork. Shred it up and let simmer in the glorious juices for a bit to get the flavor while you toast up your hoagie roll. Toss some meat on the bun, top with some Giardiniera--maybe some provolone if you like cheesy--. That makes one good smmy, but I like to dip the sammy right into the cooking juices left in the oven, but you prolly need a plate cause it gets a bit of falling apart going on after a couple dunks in the goodness.

Stolen pic since I never took one of my own

the-top-10-italian-beef-sandwiches-in-chicago.jpg Crock-Pot-Italian-Beef-Sandwiches-09_mini.jpg

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rum & Coke Pork Ribs

Ingredients :
1.5kg pork spare ribs
Rum (Bundaberg of course)
Coca-Cola
Garlic
1 packet french onion soup
Place the ribs into your camp oven and add a cup of your favorite rum, 2 table spoons of crushed garlic and a packet of french onion soup then cover with coke. pop on the lid and place on the coals. takes around and hour, hour and a half you end up with sticky rum flavored goodness
Onwards to the hunt for Bundaberg here in the USA.............continued....

Reactions: Justinwrains

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
LOL.....I know Im going to get varied opinions on Spaghettio's, but does else anyone love Spaghettio's?

View attachment 1763
I cook up some Polish sausage, slice it up and add it to the Orange pot of bubbly heaven. let it simmer for a few minutes and viola, quick and easy meal.
...in a skottle. For the whole crew. I'm in.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NorthStar96

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
After a preliminary quick search, nothing to be found. there might be some available online. the search continues.......
lol i too did a quick look it seems we are keeping it all to our self's i cant even send you a bottle because its restricted we may need to find a frequent flyer to deliver some

Reactions: NorthStar96

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

I need some ideas for meals that don't require a camp fire. I'm doing a week in a park area where fires are prohibited - so everything has to be on the camp stove.

The funny thing is that I have tons of ideas for camp cooking, but they all involve more primitive heat than nice propane stoves. I guess I'm slightly more cave-man than I realized.

Reactions: dziner

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

I need some ideas for meals that don't require a camp fire. I'm doing a week in a park area where fires are prohibited - so everything has to be on the camp stove.

The funny thing is that I have tons of ideas for camp cooking, but they all involve more primitive heat than nice propane stoves. I guess I'm slightly more cave-man than I realized.
Calico beans ftw. They are delish and fun!

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

Looks good. I may try that soon.

How bout some Italian Beef Sammies?

Ingredients :
Roast cut into several chunks to keep cooking time down, but can do whole if you got some hours
Bottle of beer
Cup or so of water or can of beef broth(bullion cubes could work)
Packet Italian Seasoning
Jar of sliced Pepperoncini
Hoagie Buns
Giardiniera - hotter the better!

Place the roast into your camp oven and add a cup of water/broth, bottle of brew, a packet of dry Italian Seasoning, and whole jar of pepperoncini. Slap on the lid and place on the coals. takes an hour or two depending on heat and size of roast chunk. Done when you can shred it apart with a fork. Shred it up and let simmer in the glorious juices for a bit to get the flavor while you toast up your hoagie roll. Toss some meat on the bun, top with some Giardiniera--maybe some provolone if you like cheesy--. That makes one good smmy, but I like to dip the sammy right into the cooking juices left in the oven, but you prolly need a plate cause it gets a bit of falling apart going on after a couple dunks in the goodness.

Stolen pic since I never took one of my own

View attachment 1761 View attachment 1762
We make this all the time during the winter in the crock pot... Never thought about in camp!

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

Our camp stove has a pot burner and a grill, we pretty much cook the same steak/chicken/ pork meals we do at home with it,just takes more prep. I will admit that you loose the wood/charcoal flavor but it is what it is. We have found allot of our best camp meals from tailgating recipes as we do allot of that as well.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

My grandmas em piñatas. She is from Chile. Simple chop meat hardboiled eggs olives, onions . These things are great. They usually don't last past 2 days cuz I love them. But these are pretty tasty and are good even cold. I'm gonna pack up about a dozen for my next trip to see how they hold up to cooler life

Reactions: Justinwrains