Overland camping in Allegheny National Forest?

• HTML tutorial

oldsoldier181

Rank IV

Influencer II

Ayer, Massachusetts, United States
First Name
William
Last Name
reed
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1WTR
Service Branch
Army
Good morning all, I am planning a trip to go visit family in TN, in May. I am driving down from MA, and am breaking the trip up into two days. I am leaving from MA, and am planning on driving from work, to the forest, about 8 hours or so, will be arriving well after dark. Not being from the area, and this being my first real long distance planning, are there some good go to spots to camp on a side trail out there? I will be tent camping (or cowboy camping) out of my 21 TRD sport. The rig has a 2" lift and 31.5" tires. Not looking for anything extreme-just a place to drive in to, stop for the night, and move along come morning. I could do a regular camp site, but I would prefer something I dont have to fork out cash for. I will be traveling mid week, so crowds shouldnt be too much an issue.
Thanks in advance!!

Misfit Vanner

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Hubbard, OH, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
B
Member #

Good morning all, I am planning a trip to go visit family in TN, in May. I am driving down from MA, and am breaking the trip up into two days. I am leaving from MA, and am planning on driving from work, to the forest, about 8 hours or so, will be arriving well after dark. Not being from the area, and this being my first real long distance planning, are there some good go to spots to camp on a side trail out there? I will be tent camping (or cowboy camping) out of my 21 TRD sport. The rig has a 2" lift and 31.5" tires. Not looking for anything extreme-just a place to drive in to, stop for the night, and move along come morning. I could do a regular camp site, but I would prefer something I dont have to fork out cash for. I will be traveling mid week, so crowds shouldnt be too much an issue.
Thanks in advance!!
Theres camping all along forest road 321. Nice area, especially for overnight.

Reactions: oldsoldier181