Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Great looking Bronco! Ford really did a good job building that platform. My buddy is supposed to be getting his any day (supposedly sitting waiting for a delivery truck) and we can't wait to go play with it. He actually was trying to get me to go along with him to a Bronco weekend. Was it worth it? The price seemed a little steep.
My weekend was “free” I did pay a deposit, which was refunded, and I did pay for insurance. Since I was an early reservation holder Ford gave me a $250 Credit for a guest, or to buy merchandise there. I ended up paying for me wife and used the credit for shirts and goodies for the family.

Was it worth it? For us it was! My wife had an absolute blast, the instructors were awesome, and we made some friends while there. They have a great way for explaining the rig, the history, and how to use some of the features.

Short video of my wife with 0 off road experience coming down an incline
We are waiting for them to open up the Off Roadeo for return guests and we will do New Hampshire, Vegas and Moab.

I highly recommend it, was a great time!

Reactions: AggieOE

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

So let me tell ya where I’m at! I have installed an ARB Twin Compressor under hood and wired it up.

Then we put a Midland Micromobile GMRS radio in the glovebox.

There are some RAM mounts on the “bring your own device” rail I purchased aftermarket, I have the ZOLEO mount kit attached to that, and a couple balls in case I want to connect a camera or something.

My fridge and slide are installed and a portable Jackery Powerstation does a pretty good job keeping the fridge cool. During my work commute it lasts about a week before I need to charge it in the garage. I’m sure a few hour drive will keep it topped off.

I have a weboost I need to install next weekend, then we are going to an expo on 3/5, then on 3/6 we are heading to Tennessee.

Still waiting on Gobi to come out with their exoskeleton rack so I can install the tent.

But here are some photos as she sits today.

And yes, those are dental flossers next to the midland in the glovebox.

Attachments

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

So let me tell ya where I’m at! I have installed an ARB Twin Compressor under hood and wired it up.

Then we put a Midland Micromobile GMRS radio in the glovebox.

There are some RAM mounts on the “bring your own device” rail I purchased aftermarket, I have the ZOLEO mount kit attached to that, and a couple balls in case I want to connect a camera or something.

My fridge and slide are installed and a portable Jackery Powerstation does a pretty good job keeping the fridge cool. During my work commute it lasts about a week before I need to charge it in the garage. I’m sure a few hour drive will keep it topped off.

I have a weboost I need to install next weekend, then we are going to an expo on 3/5, then on 3/6 we are heading to Tennessee.

Still waiting on Gobi to come out with their exoskeleton rack so I can install the tent.

But here are some photos as she sits today.

And yes, those are dental flossers next to the midland in the glovebox.
Well I can definitely say that ALL of that gear is absolutely worthless when you’ve got something stuck in your teeth! So I’m all about the flossers, got the same ones in my gbox too. Great looking rig!

Reactions: Padams7

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I left Florida Sunday after attending the Southeast Overland and Offroad Expo in Starke, FL on Saturday!

My Badlands Bronco has the 2.3L and 10 speed transmission, which has the 33” wheels and the 4.43 gear ratio. I have been averaging 18.5-19mpg around town, I reset it every tank, and that’s been the averages. But on the trip to Tennessee, I got 21.2mpg highway! Very impressed, and I only had one stop mid trip for fuel.

The Bronco has some great on road manners, this trip has my wife, two teenage sons, and I, so the boys have backpacks, a draw string bag each, I have a backpack, and the wife and I have two frontline flatpacks. Plus makeup, etc.
I also have the drawer slide and fridge with slide mounted, and the boys brought fishing gear. The fishing gear is stored with a Maxi-trac trail sack mounted to the spare.

We hit some gravel roads in the Smoky Mountains today, took our time exploring and did the Cades Cove loop. We got some more to do tomorrow and maybe Thursday before we leave.

I will be back as soon as I have the roof top tent installed, want to do a lot more, but the wife and boys have different interests than me, so it’s splitting time/hobbies.

Maybe Nemo Tunnel Thursday, or take backroads south through the mountains into NC and GA on the way home?

Either way, I am having a blast with this. Here are a few photos!

Attachments

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

We left Wears Valley last Thursday, and made our way home to Florida. We hopped on Hwy441 south and drove through the Smoky Mountains, and then down into Cherokee, North Carolina. As we were pulling in, we see these enormous beauties standing in the center of town!

We stopped at Peter’s Pancake and Waffles for Breakfast and continued on 441 south to Macon, GA before tackling an interstate.

Couple notes - I have the Alpicool connected to a small Jackery, connected to the rear 12V. It has been keeping the fridge at 32, and the lowest I’ve seen the Jackery has been 38%. Of course this trip it was topped off due to the extensive driving.

The Fridge worked great. Only complaint is rattling, so I put some rubber hose pieces with a slice down the middle around the basket at certain points. Helps some, keeping it stocked helps more!

I got a WeBoost Drive Reach OTR installed, super easy install, worked wonders for keeping me in bars. Only complaint - the exterior antenna coax comes loose so I need to find a better place for it. Boys kept knocking it loose sticking stuff under the seat.

I bought a Maxi Trac Trasharoo type bag from Napa, this worked well for tossing the kids fishing bag and two poles split in half.

GobiRacks is coming out with their roof rack this month for ordering. So I’m super excited for that. Hopefully when I get that I can mount my tent and take off to Ocala National Forest and make a trip to Everglades National Park before it gets super hot!

Attachments

Reactions: danwyandt

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
We left Wears Valley last Thursday, and made our way home to Florida. We hopped on Hwy441 south and drove through the Smoky Mountains, and then down into Cherokee, North Carolina. As we were pulling in, we see these enormous beauties standing in the center of town!

We stopped at Peter’s Pancake and Waffles for Breakfast and continued on 441 south to Macon, GA before tackling an interstate.

Couple notes - I have the Alpicool connected to a small Jackery, connected to the rear 12V. It has been keeping the fridge at 32, and the lowest I’ve seen the Jackery has been 38%. Of course this trip it was topped off due to the extensive driving.

The Fridge worked great. Only complaint is rattling, so I put some rubber hose pieces with a slice down the middle around the basket at certain points. Helps some, keeping it stocked helps more!

I got a WeBoost Drive Reach OTR installed, super easy install, worked wonders for keeping me in bars. Only complaint - the exterior antenna coax comes loose so I need to find a better place for it. Boys kept knocking it loose sticking stuff under the seat.

I bought a Maxi Trac Trasharoo type bag from Napa, this worked well for tossing the kids fishing bag and two poles split in half.

GobiRacks is coming out with their roof rack this month for ordering. So I’m super excited for that. Hopefully when I get that I can mount my tent and take off to Ocala National Forest and make a trip to Everglades National Park before it gets super hot!
Nice find with that Maxi Trac trash hauler!

Reactions: Padams7

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Today I was able to order the Gobi Stealth Rack for the Bronco!

During this entire tenure, I have relied on patience, God given patience! Originally I had ordered a Hard Top Bronco with Roof Rack, and a placed an order for a GFC Superlite. Then we had some constraints on the Bronco, and I blew a head gasket in the Jeep, so I changed to a soft top.

Then my dad got sick and I had to fly to Arizona. I had to cancel my GFC order, because of travel and funeral expenses, I wasn’t sure what and when. I rebuilt the Jeep’s 3.6 top end (everything but the crank and pistons/rings). Then the Bronco came.

GFC cancelled the Superlite before I could replace and order, but I did source one locally from someone, so it’s here in my office, just laying against the wall. Yeah, there is an awning in here too, a year old and brand new!

My mom is in Hospice currently, not doing too hot. And while I was able to take a trip to Tennessee recently, I haven’t gotten out to that quiet my mind needs.

So today (actually 20 minutes before they sent the email) I found the page to order the rack! So by June (12 weeks) I will finally have the “Overland Bronco” set up with the tent and awning. I have outfitted the interior, I have all I need to escape. I have stockpiled and an soon focusing on putting her together.

So now, a year later, the world has changed, my world has changed. I will be moving my step-mom across country next month, she was a stop on my Big Bend, Sedona, Grand Canyon adventure. So my route will change, my plan will change.

Do I make this summer up to my sons by taking them across the Georgia Traverse? Do we continue to Big Bend National Park and change the itinerary away from Arizona?

So excited about being able to take this summer and make a memory with the boys! Now I got some work and research to do!

Picture of the rack I ordered and of course, some photos of the Bronco itself with some lights I added!

Attachments

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

The wife and I took a mid week trip up to Helen, GA and just got home.

It was nice to steal her away from the kids and the projects we have going on at the house and a great time to beat the Florida humidity.

Took the Bronco out on the interstate until I got into Georgia and then took some back roads and US Hwys to were we wanted to be. The wife isn’t into much off roading as she is into scenic trails.

The Bronco is about to turn 16,000 miles. The 2.3L Ecoboost has been perfect, I average about 18.6mpg around town, 19.7mpg on this trip. This is on the Badlands with 33” wheels and the 4.43 gear ratio and auto transmission.

The Alpicool Fridge is working flawlessly as well, keeping stuff cold and sog-free. The WeBoost Drive Reach OTR kept us in connection with civilization (and the Depp V. Heard trial) except near Live Oak, FL and Interstate 10.

While in Helen, we did the touristy thing, we walked the old town, took in the local attractions.

Walking back to the parking lot, I noticed a truck and trailer against the Bronco. For some reason, he decided it was wise to cut it that close instead of pulling wide. He caught the front bumper, and thankfully I have a bull bar attached to it. I was able to catch him before he pulled away and contact police to file a report. Georgia is an at fault state, so that’s a plus. Fortunately there is no major damage, except a dime size knick on the grill, and the scratches on the steel bumper and bull bar. Those will end up being replaced with new, getting estimates on Tuesday. I’ll update here when done.

I am still awaiting the Gobi Rack (August? Septemberish?) and have the GFC Superlite still taking up space in the office.

July comes our trip to Maine for some fun. Me and the boys will do some camping then.

But here are some photos of the Bronco and the Trailer that clipped me!

Attachments

Last edited:

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Got a few things going on with the Bronco before the end of the month.

Received the Rough Country hidden winch system to install. Got the fishing rod holders installed. Added a 3’ Air Hose to my Faster Flate system. Wanting to route the air line to the bumper somewhere.

July 1st I am heading to cooler weather. Leaving Florida on our trek to Square Pond, near Acton, ME for a week at the lake.

Going to check out Mt Lucas Rd up there, found it on the OB1 Map!

It’s going to be a great trip along the east coast. This fall is going to be a great time here in the SE, but right now, it’s sweltering!

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

It’s the end of July, and the Bronco has 22,000 miles on her.

Earlier this month, I went up the East Coast, Florida to Maine and back. Yes, there were a lot of Highway miles, but the goal was to get to Maine and explore from basecamp at the cabin on Square Pond.

I was able to find a few fire service/logging roads near Shapleigh, ME. Met up with Chris from Northeast Adventure Company, got some swag. Another friend up there recommended Sandwich Notch Rd in New Hampshire and to find the Sandwich Notch Creamery. It was a great relaxing trip.

I had her loaded up on the way home, brought back a 8pt Buck Mount my son got last Thanksgiving, some snow shovels (for horses stall cleaning).

Here are some shots of the Bronco up in Maine.

Attachments

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Just playing here in Florida a few weeks ago. The proprietor of Offroad 4x4 Adventures wanted to take some shots of the Bronco, so he took me through some of his hidden gems here.

In other news, I got the Gobi Rack Installed, and found a couple points that were coming in contact/potentially wearing the soft top. They are a stand up company, called me and have reconfigured some parts and are sending them straight away.

But just as the weather in Florida begins to cool, I begin working 7 days a week till the first week of December. Debating on my Big Bend Trip or Everglades/Key West during the kids Christmas Break!

Attachments

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Wow! It’s been 2 years since I started this thread, we have dealt with Covid, Supply Chain Issues. I have lost both my parents and my wife’s grandmother, and have dealt with life in other ways.

This past weekend though, I took my boys up to Shired Island here in Florida and we did some beach camping. We were not alone, as this campground had some others, nevertheless we did have a great time. The weather was cool, sunny, just perfect Florida camping weather.

A gentleman by the name of Jon Birkmire created the Florida Adventure Trail - connecting the Alabama Adventure trail to the Georgia Adventure trail while traversing through 1200 miles of Florida backwoods/backcountry. 60ish% is unpaved roads with scenic paved roads connecting them all together. I live on one of the scenic paved roads.

So Sunday we took the FAT (lovingly abbreviated) from Shired Island home, through Devils Hammock, Goethe State Forest, Citrus WMA.

With all that’s been going on in the world, in my world, it was a refreshing, invigorating escape. While we are never “truly” done with our rigs and builds, I am happy that I am complete for now getting set up to go anywhere and be able to have peace of mind while enjoying the peace this brings me.

I’m adding some photos of the Bronco for y’all, as well as some from the island and the trails.

Attachments

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Some more photos.

Our next trip is south to search for the Elusive Skunk Ape in Everglades National Park in a few weeks, then the southernmost point in the USA.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: GLOCKer

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
Let me know when you’re at the Lake Lindsey Deli, lunch is on me! (between Citrus and Croom WMA’s)
I really need to get off my ass and explore. It's been almost a year since I've moved to Boca Raton and I haven't been out wheeling since January of 2022, right before I moved. :(

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Let me know when you’re at the Lake Lindsey Deli, lunch is on me! (between Citrus and Croom WMA’s)
I really need to get off my ass and explore. It's been almost a year since I've moved to Boca Raton and I haven't been out wheeling since January of 2022, right before I moved. :(
Now is the best time! Weather is cooler, bugs aren’t as bad. You’re in Boca, Big Cypress is right there! Everglades, Skunk Ape Research Center!

Let me know how Big Cypress is!

• Love
Reactions: GLOCKer