Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

What Ambassador Roles are you trying to fill? I thought we already had a UK Ambassador! Surely we're not having sub UK Regional Ambassaors (England, Ireland, Scitland and Wales) after the issues that took place about having individual Patches made for the UK.

Please clarify
Regions aren't limited to 1 ambassador (at least not that I'm aware of) and though the region may not have a need for a second ambassador at the moment it's good to have folks who are involved and ready to step into the role as the needs arise. An ambassador may need to leave the role at some point for any number of reasons. Some regions are growing in member numbers and could be getting to the point of needing a second ambassador. I didn't notice where Polaris was located when I wrote it. But I still would like to hear from him if he is interested. you never know when a need will arise. He may also be able to fill a role of another sort. Won't know til we talk.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Regions aren't limited to 1 ambassador (at least not that I'm aware of) and though the region may not have a need for a second ambassador at the moment it's good to have folks who are involved and ready to step into the role as the needs arise. An ambassador may need to leave the role at some point for any number of reasons. Some regions are growing in member numbers and could be getting to the point of needing a second ambassador. I didn't notice where Polaris was located when I wrote it. But I still would like to hear from him if he is interested. you never know when a need will arise. He may also be able to fill a role of another sort. Won't know til we talk.
I know there are a number of individuals who are a little put out with the way the UK Ambassador was selected. it appeared to be quite underhand. again I am aware of a few who would like to have submitted themselves forward for the role but weren' t made aware that one was being selected.

I'd like to nominate @Polaris Overland for a position as he has vast experience in Overlanding having just completed a lengthy trip. In addition, he, (like myself) is ex Royal Navy so have a wealth of skills / qualities which i believe would be highly useful in holding a position of authority. As a personal note he is a guy of aging years and this might give his brain matter something to concentrate on. ha ha ha

Reactions: blackntan

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Unfortunately its not a democratic system. (I've opened a can with that remark and anxiously await the flaming I shall receive for it) But your recommendation is noted. As for the rest, I can assure you we aren't moving towards a "MEMBERS ONLY OLD SCHOOL SELF PONTIFICATING PLACE" The forums are still free, rally point doesn't require a membership to use, and all articles posted to the site are there for anyone to view. And, to date, I am unaware of anyone having been banned (I'm an admin so I can see that stuff); even though there have been a couple who I know would have been blocked from other sites/forums I am a part of (and no, you aren't one of them).

@Polaris Overland if you are serious about being involved in a role of leadership/ambassadorship please send myself or @Steve pm. We would love to chat with you about that.
Steve. I been bard from many establishments. Lol I still distpute the grounds of my warnings i think in future any warning should be first seen by. emporer zog or who ever is in charge as Personal retribution against a member just because he dose not agree with a mod is not grounds for a warning Even if its not a democratic vote there should be a safety net , A GOOD SITE IS ONLY AS GOOD AS ITS STEWARDSHIP

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Steve. I been bard from many establishments. Lol I still distpute the grounds of my warnings i think in future any warning should be first seen by. emporer zog or who ever is in charge as Personal retribution against a member just because he dose not agree with a mod is not grounds for a warning Even if its not a democratic vote there should be a safety net , A GOOD SITE IS ONLY AS GOOD AS ITS STEWARDSHIP
That was Chris you were quoting, but I'll respond, too. I think the warning was retracted, but not positive, and I'm pretty sure it was relayed to you that it wasn't warranted. Decisions of that nature are usually discussed.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
That was Chris you were quoting, but I'll respond, too. I think the warning was retracted, but not positive, and I'm pretty sure it was relayed to you that it wasn't warranted. Decisions of that nature are usually discussed.
many thank. Steve For the reply oh i did not know it had been wiped common sence privailed. Not easy adjudicating over so many Cultures with differing sences of what is and what is not acceptable ,

Reactions: Road

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Thank you guys for all the information and apologies for the lack of replies but we have been away getting upgrades completed on our Land Rover.

I would indeed be interested in having an input in both regions and OB Policy etc. However I think firstly our UK Ambassador has already been appointed and I certainly have no complaints in the choice.
Secondly we are about to set out on an extended trip from the UK to Mongolia and China meaning I would be unable to maintain regular contact and therefore not carry out the duties to my fullest capacity which is not acceptable and would "short Change" our OB Members.

However I will definately be interested in getting more involved on our return and growing and building OB continuing to make it the premier Overland resource for everyone

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
Thank you guys for all the information and apologies for the lack of replies but we have been away getting upgrades completed on our Land Rover.

I would indeed be interested in having an input in both regions and OB Policy etc. However I think firstly our UK Ambassador has already been appointed and I certainly have no complaints in the choice.
Secondly we are about to set out on an extended trip from the UK to Mongolia and China meaning I would be unable to maintain regular contact and therefore not carry out the duties to my fullest capacity which is not acceptable and would "short Change" our OB Members.

However I will definately be interested in getting more involved on our return and growing and building OB continuing to make it the premier Overland resource for everyone
Oh only mongolia and china heres me heading for north wales ffs lol Keep us posted when possible And have a good trip Stay safe

Reactions: Tim