Overland Bound in Brisbane June 11th - 17th!

• HTML tutorial

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all,

I am open to anything, and yes, time to solidify a plan. I will be available around 4:00PM tomorrow. I brought some camera gear and would love to do any "rig walk arounds" that make sense! Let's coordinate here so we are all on the same page. I'mm be in communication today.

M

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all,

I am open to anything, and yes, time to solidify a plan. I will be available around 4:00PM tomorrow. I brought some camera gear and would love to do any "rig walk arounds" that make sense! Let's coordinate here so we are all on the same page. I'mm be in communication today.

M
*I'll be

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

At this stage....Dunco returning home Friday afternoon / evening....so Saturday it is....one of us can pick you up (need address)...we make our way to Captain Logan's (day use area)...I'm bringing the portable gas cooker whip up a bit of lunch, good covered shelter areas, amenities...plenty of photo / video opportunities there...get you back to the Valley with lot's of time for your flight....keep you posted !... @Michael @Dunco ....cheers

Reactions: NorthStar96

Matt92101

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Temecula ,CA
Member #

If you guys are game, I'm 110% in. I have a bad habit of shooting video incessantly, and taking all kinds of pictures. I'll be self sufficient with sleeping bag and gear, but no rig unless MaxTrax comes through (which is a tall order). I'll most likely be dependent on you for transportation, but can taxi pretty much anywhere. I'll also cover our expendables, food, whisky, diesel, anything else.

M
Bundaberg Rum!!!!!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Great @Luis Merlo @Dunco We have a plan! This sounds perfect. Saturday it is. I'm available all day. Im staying in Fortitude Valley, at the corner of Connor and Ann (25 Connor Street). @Matt92101 I'll see if I can get some. Boy, I bought a nice bottle of Knob Creek with this event in mind and got the "aged 9 year" good stuff, tried it and it could peel paint! OMG it was gnarly. I'll do some shopping for snacks and lunch in the morning. Would be good to know how many people we are!

M

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Sorry guys @Michael @Luis Merlo i have been out of service most of today I will be home tomorrow night sometime so Saturday sounds good to me, i come in from the southern end so ill meet yous there what time you thinking ????? My ute will still be loaded so it will have extra cooking gear and everything else we may need . Ill have Mrs D and the little fella with me so we will grab something to chuck on the bbq for lunch :grinning:

Bundaberg Rum!!!!!
Now ya talking my language the bear is never far away if im around lol

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

How does a 7:00/7:30 am pick up from the Valley sound ?.... @Michael ...get's us to wivenhoe 9:30/10:00...have a snack / coffee....catch up with @Dunco and family...shoot some film / photos etc...do lunch and get you back to the Valley by 3pm / 4pm ish ?...I'm flexible on times ...let me know if this works ?...cheers