Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, Oregon
First Name
Ex
Last Name
Cursioner
Member #

Just out looking for overland related apps and stumbled across the Overland Bound App. Can anyone give a brief overview of the app's features. Or is it simply this website on mobile? Would love to find an app that gives quick access to self recovery, maybe meal/trip planning, maps of those secluded campsites that other Overlanders may have enjoyed(and are willing to share), quick fixes, etc. Not a whole lot out there.

Last edited:

Excursioner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, Oregon
First Name
Ex
Last Name
Cursioner
Member #

Hmmm, gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. I already have access to the website/forums via tablet and phone, so an app doing pretty much the same thing as the website would be redundant for me. My rule of thumb for all Overland accessories is; must serve its purpose better, faster, or easier than what I already have serving that purpose.

Thanks again, I'll keep looking

Reactions: jwsparlin2

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Hmmm, gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. I already have access to the website/forums via tablet and phone, so an app doing pretty much the same thing as the website would be redundant for me. My rule of thumb for all Overland accessories is; must serve its purpose better, faster, or easier than what I already have serving that purpose.

Thanks again, I'll keep looking
Hey, yeah, what @Steve said. There will be a new app sometime with new features designed for folks on trips as well as site features. Not sure when that will be, but it is something being worked on.

Reactions: jwsparlin2