OutdoorX4 Magazine Subscription Discount for Overland Bound Members

• HTML tutorial

fledwell

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

OutdoorX4 Magazine is proud to offer all Overland Bound members a 50% discount on digital subscriptions and 20% discount on print subscriptions!

For those not familiar with OutdoorX4, OutdoorX4 Magazine (pronounced “outdoor by 4”) is a fully independent vehicle-based adventure lifestyle publication which includes overland travel. Our mission is not only on the mode of travel, whether a 4×4, motorcycle, bicycle, or by foot, as a means to responsibly enjoy outdoor recreation, but also on the adventures themselves, the people who live them, and working in solidarity with all outdoor recreationalists to ensure enjoyment of the great outdoors in ALL its forms is possible for current and future generations.

OutdoorX4 is available at most major book retailers in the U.S. and Canada, and has been in circulation since January 2014. Subscribe today and use coupon code ox4digital for 50% off digital or ox4print for 20% off your print subscription by visiting our Subscribe page at Subscribe to Outdoorx4.

Mag Group.jpg

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I just came across this magazine a couple of days ago and I am very convinced by design and content. Very good work!

Reactions: fledwell and M Rose

fledwell

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

Thanks fellas. We launched in 2013 (our publisher began publishing in 2006) and the magazine is available at most major book retailers in the U.S., Canada, and select retailers globally. And of course through subscription. Check out the links above and subscribe and if you have a fun story or photos to share, send them over!

Reactions: El-Dracho

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
This is great, I used to read them 2-3 years ago and it was always great quality. I was going to sign up for a subscription this weekend so this is perfect, thanks for helping out the OB gang!

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
I don't understand all the hate Overland Bound gets. They offer ad-free no-cost services (forums are the first thing I think about, but also an app now) and seem friendly.

snaptube vidmate word to pdf
Agreed, im not sure why this community hasn't exploded more, i really fail to see any downside of it and tons of upsides.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I don't understand all the hate Overland Bound gets. They offer ad-free no-cost services (forums are the first thing I think about, but also an app now) and seem friendly.
We get the hate for a few reasons... Price, most forums are free so people see OB as just a forum so they don’t realize what they are actually buying into. The app isn’t free you have to be a paid member to use the app. The trip planning software also requires a separate subscription. But both of those combined is still less than a premium subscription to GAIA. OB is 100% member driven, we ask for it and if it’s possible @Michal makes us happen.

The second reason we get hate is because we allow any one in, we aren’t exclusive to Jeep, Toyota, or any other brand or model. Our core values put us above the other places because we hold our selves to a higher standard. Is this elitist,? maybe to some, but what I’m meaning is we want to make a difference in our communities as well as in our forests. Even more so now then ever before with all the disasters going on through the us and the world.

That brings us to reason 3: We are a global community. We aren’t just here in Oregon, California, Utah, Mexico, Alaska.... we are all over the world. If your coming to the United States from Africa for instance. You would have almost every American OB member wanting to host you in their back yard. If your from Spain and want to go to Chile , it’s the same way. If you break down in Timbuktu, you have a community there to help you get back on the road again.

No other Adventure Community has the comodory that we do here on Overland Bound. They don’t have the resources we do, and what I think is most important, they don’t have a person with a clear goal at the helm. How many other forums big or small have one forum moderator? I’ve been a moderator on a small forum with less than 10,000 members. It was a full time job to keep the place running and keep the peace. We self regulate. Yea our mod puts on his cranky face once in a while, but I have yet to see any one get banned from here.

It boils down to jealousy, not hate. They are just jealous, and misinformed. They can’t see past the $$$ to be on an add free forum when they don’t look at the whole picture. We have an adventure map, trip planning recourses, a way for members to find others close to them, and then we have a store.

If you haven’t been passed the member store in a while, I highly encourage you to take a look. And keep going back and looking. If you don’t see something their in the store that you think would be nice to have send an email to support@overland bound with a review of the product and why you think it should be offered to OB members at a discount.

@fledwell , I’m going to see about getting this added to the store as well.

Reactions: Maverick9110E