Ouray, Silverton, Telluride area trip. June 11th-15th

• HTML tutorial

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

We put together a trip down to one of my favorite places in Colorado this last week end. Just to be clear, the reason I did not do a Rally Point was that I felt it would be irresponsible to have a large group go down and invade this area just as they lifted the restrictions (covid) and over the last three months I had been mentioning this trip in meet-ups and forum threads and those who had shown interest in going I invited privately, (if you were not on the list please don't take it personally as it was not the intent).
Unfortunately right now my PC is giving me fits and I'm going to have to work on it before I can upload any of my photos.

Coming from our various locations in Colorado we meet in Montrose and jumped on a trail just outside Ridgeway (Last Dollarrd.) and found a spot to camp for the night just outside Telluride. The next morning we took Ophir pass over to highway 550 and headed north to a campsite just off the Corkscrew gulch where we would stay a couple evenings, we explored Corkscrew gulch, California and Hurricane pass and hung out at Animas forks for a while. Then we split up from there. John, Eric and I went up near the top of Engineer pass and back down to take Mineral creek back to 550 so we could return back to camp. After our second evening camping at our spot we took Stoney pass and camped along that trail on the 4th evening of or adventure.

I'm hoping that everyone who came on this trip will take the time to share thier photos, videos and experiences in their own way.

I just want to say thank you all for being a part of such a wonderful trip!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We put together a trip down to one of my favorite places in Colorado this last week end. Just to be clear, the reason I did not do a Rally Point was that I felt it would be irresponsible to have a large group go down and invade this area just as they lifted the restrictions (covid) and over the last three months I had been mentioning this trip in meet-ups and forum threads and those who had shown interest in going I invited privately, (if you were not on the list please don't take it personally as it was not the intent).
Unfortunately right now my PC is giving me fits and I'm going to have to work on it before I can upload any of my photos.

Coming from our various locations in Colorado we meet in Montrose and jumped on a trail just outside Ridgeway (Last Dollarrd.) and found a spot to camp for the night just outside Telluride. The next morning we took Ophir pass over to highway 550 and headed north to a campsite just off the Corkscrew gulch where we would stay a couple evenings, we explored Corkscrew gulch, California and Hurricane pass and hung out at Animas forks for a while. Then we split up from there. John, Eric and I went up near the top of Engineer pass and back down to take Mineral creek back to 550 so we could return back to camp. After our second evening camping at our spot we took Stoney pass and camped along that trail on the 4th evening of or adventure.

I'm hoping that everyone who came on this trip will take the time to share thier photos, videos and experiences in their own way.

I just want to say thank you all for being a part of such a wonderful trip!
For future reference, When you publish a Rally Point you can limit the number or RSVP's and you can also send the RP to specific members to keep the trip whatever size you want. Message me if you have any questions @Kent R

Reactions: JDGreens

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

For future reference, When you publish a Rally Point you can limit the number or RSVP's and you can also send the RP to specific members to keep the trip whatever size you want. Message me if you have any questions @Kent R
I have struggled with the Rally Point in the past had to relegate it to Neal, (which he is better at anyways) when things get back to normal for sure I will do Rally point. Just wanted to share with O.B. since everyone is a member that went. June Jam we hope to have something special to share as last year most of the high mountain pass trails were not open and my rig had a failure that put me as a ride along. (I had a better time riding along getting to know Rob.)

Reactions: Kent R

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I am having issues with my P.C. because I use the Samsung pad for almost all my surfing, While my P.C. ends up needing to reset all the updates and what not.
Sorry I am not computer savvy and to be honest I really don't take but about 10 photos all trip.
I will still try and load them as soon as I can.

I really do appreciate that everyone else has taken the time to record the sites, it's just that I am more into absorbing the experience internally and the comaradery of fellow explorers.

So looking forward to June Jam!DSCN2898 (1024x768).jpg

Last edited:

LoneStar

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Marshall, TX, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Ellis
Member #

Awesome trip and scenery! Wife and I will be heading that direction in a couple of weeks to film for my cousin's AmazonPrime show "Adventure and Romance". Can't wait!

Reactions: Neal A. Tew