Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

We can't review it yet as we just had it installed yesterday here in Colorado. But we hope to take it out this weekend for an initial run.

We got it installed at Altitude Industries in Evergreen, Colorado and the guys there were fantastic. It is sitting on the Rhino Rack Backbone system for the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited on a Pioneer Platform.

We installed it towards the rear of the Jeep to lessen the impact on the already horrible aerodynamics of a Jeep. (can you even use the words aerodynamics and Jeep in the same sentence? Is that allowed?)

Also we installed it a little over to the passenger side to make room for the Rhino Rack Batwing awning we'll be installing today.

Some interesting things about this unit.
  • It fully deploys from closed to going to sleep in it in about 30-45 seconds.
  • It fully stows from fully used to ready to roll in about 1 min 45 seconds.
  • It sleeps 4 (2 adults and 2 small kids comfortably)
  • Our unit is the Rocky Black edition which has a rhinolined style black matte textured coating
Anyway, here are a few photos of our set up so far. If you'll be at EXPO east this year we'd be happy to show it to you in person.

Eric AKA Jeepsies OB14045

We hope to break it in this weekend in the mountains of Colorado:

ikamper-skycamp-jeep-closed.jpg

ikamper-skycamp-front-passenger-side-jeep.jpg

ikamper-skycamp-jeep-passenger-side.jpg

ikamper-skycamp-front-jeep.jpg

ikamper-skycamp-rear-passenger-side-jeep.jpg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

We can't review it yet as we just had it installed yesterday here in Colorado. But we hope to take it out this weekend for an initial run.

We got it installed at Altitude Industries in Evergreen, Colorado and the guys there were fantastic. It is sitting on the Rhino Rack Backbone system for the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited on a Pioneer Platform.

We installed it towards the rear of the Jeep to lessen the impact on the already horrible aerodynamics of a Jeep. (can you even use the words aerodynamics and Jeep in the same sentence? Is that allowed?)

Also we installed it a little over to the passenger side to make room for the Rhino Rack Batwing awning we'll be installing today.

• Our unit is the Rocky Black edition which has a rhinolined style black matte textured coating
Anyway, here are a few photos of our set up so far. If you'll be at EXPO east this year we'd be happy to show it to you in person.

View attachment 69289

View attachment 69290

View attachment 69291

View attachment 69292

View attachment 69293
Nice setup....

Reactions: Hourless Life

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

View attachment 69289

View attachment 69290

View attachment 69291

View attachment 69292

View attachment 69293
Would love to check it out at Expo!!!!

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Way to go! Whole setup looks great. I can confirm those setup times haha. It’s unreal how easy it is.

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Way to go! Whole setup looks great. I can confirm those setup times haha. It’s unreal how easy it is.
Right? Believe the hype. My very first time deploying it on my own took 45 seconds. First time stowing took 2 min 12 seconds.

My second deployment took 30 seconds and second stowing took 1 min 40 seconds.

Reactions: JCWages

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

It looks amazing and after checking out the website the company seems really cool. The price is comparable to other hard shell RTTs but I like this design much better. Umfortunately it's way more than I would spend on a tent.

Corey B

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Southeast Wisconsin
Member #

Just an idea;
To maybe help address the aero problem...I know a guy who used an old snow-board as a deflector for his RTT. Mostly to protect the cover from branches n stuff. He said it was hard to find one off-the-shelf that fit correctly. Not sure how he mounted it, but it had enough angle to protect the tent and break up the wind resistance a bit. I’m thinkn about the same once i get a tent.