Oregon Boondock camping on the Coast

• HTML tutorial

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

I am going on a trip to the Redwoods and driving 101 back up to WA for a total of 4 days. I am looking for some boondocking camp spots along the route that we can stay the night at. Short off road trails are open as well just nothing to serious. I will have my 4Runner with a RTT and a my brother will have his Sports Mobile so ground tents will not be set up.

If you have any grids for some spots that we might be able to crash for the night please share. I will be taking grids of places that we stop at (if we dont get tickets) to pass on to others.

It is my understanding that places that allowed camping for the night are being closed down due to city ordinances to stop the homeless from staying in those places.

Thank you much,
Craig

Sam Haines

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hillsboro, Oregon
Member #

National forests are still game for dispersed camping. You can pretty much pick any NF road and find a spot - granted some are better than others - which leads me to my next question...

Where approximately are you looking to stop on your way up? Southern Oregon (Brookings/Coos Bay), Central Oregon (Florence/Newport), Northern coast (Lincoln City/Cannon Beach)?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

If I had to guess I do not think we will make it to Coos Bay on day one so maybe Port Orford area. A quick look on the map shows that area has NF not far inland. I will pull up better resources and see what I can find in the area. Day 2 maybe Yachats? Just depends on how much we stop, hikes and picture taking . There are a number of things we are going to stop at and you never know how long you will be there .

It will be fun and an adventure for sure, any help will be appreciated.

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

I've been curious about this also. I've done a little searching, and haven't actually found a place that doesn't restrict camping on the beach...
I will be marking my spots on my tablet on the trip and I will document where we stay. It might not be on the water but not far from the coast I hope.

Sent from my SM-T350 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: jdunk

giarc1234

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Spanaway, WA
Member #

Hey there, I am planning this same trip leaving this weekend and was wondering if you found any great spots you could share with me?
We did not find anything exciting and one of the spots I dont think were should have been there, but we did not get kicked out. I will have to look at my track and see if I can find them.. Neither of them had views so I did not share them with anyone. I but you could stop at any of the turnouts on the coast and stay the night without being harassed to much by police.

Have a good time.