Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Morning at the OC Rigs n Coffee meet upView attachment 67156

Afternoon and night time, a beautiful climb up the back side to Sugarloaf Mountain.....not a soul in sight. What a nice night! Super heavy gravel and rock road, made our teeth chatter....until I remembered to use my new ARB air down tool and lowered the pressure down from 41psi to 30. What a difference that made. I always thought it was BS because suspension was supposed to do the work. Not so much! I’m a reformed man after that. A friend said to take them down to 22psi, but I kept thinking I don’t want the tires to fall off the rims. 30 made all the difference in the World!View attachment 67158
I was a little nervous about airing down at first too. Now when I go out, if it's more than a just a quick ride to get the asphalt out of my system, I'll sometimes air down to as low as 15psi! I'm in an old 1970 k20 suburban (HEAVY Chevy) without beadlocks and I have never had a problem.

And yeah, what a difference! 20170719_134338.jpg

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Reactions: SoCalFJZ80

David S

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles
Member #

I was a little nervous about airing down at first too. Now when I go out, if it's more than a just a quick ride to get the asphalt out of my system, I'll sometimes air down to as low as 15psi! I'm in an old 1970 k20 suburban (HEAVY Chevy) without beadlocks and I have never had a problem.

And yeah, what a difference! View attachment 69001
Very nice Ive got a 71 3door 2x as my on and off Daily driver

Attachments

Karrettadventures17

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cypress, CA, USA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Metzger
Member #

Hey everyone my name is Garrett. I'm new here member #14377. I just picked up my first fzj80 tripple locked. Super stoked to take this rig out with my family and really look forward to meeting new people and learning new things. I'm very interested in meeting up with everyone. I live in cypress if you guys know where that's at. Anyways. Could anyone point me in the right direction where the next meet is and what time?

Terrance

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Silverado canyon
First Name
Terrance
Last Name
Wynn
Member #

What’s up Garrett. Yeah I am a newbie to. I am in Orange County/Silverado area cypress isn’t that far. But think there is a meet up this Saturday. I maybe wrong but first Saturday of the month meet. South county.

Reactions: Karrettadventures17

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
What’s up Garrett. Yeah I am a newbie to. I am in Orange County/Silverado area cypress isn’t that far. But think there is a meet up this Saturday. I maybe wrong but first Saturday of the month meet. South county.
Welcome Garrett, next meet-up is this Saturday in OC. Details Below:

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Hey everyone my name is Garrett. I'm new here member #14377. I just picked up my first fzj80 tripple locked. Super stoked to take this rig out with my family and really look forward to meeting new people and learning new things. I'm very interested in meeting up with everyone. I live in cypress if you guys know where that's at. Anyways. Could anyone point me in the right direction where the next meet is and what time?
Hey Garrett, Didn’t see your post until now. I too have a FZJ80 1997 version. Unfortunately mine didn’t have the front and back lockers, so I had to spend the money and install ARB air lockers...and they are awesome! Hopefully you’re able to make it out to the November 3rd meeting. I missed the last one as I was out of town. I’ve done a bunch of work to mine since 2 meetings ago, so I’m excited to share the changes. I’ve been working on mine since May. It’s been in and out of various shops ever since! I’ve also been on several trips and this vehicle is truly amazing...extremely capable in most situations you can throw at it. Are you planning on any kind of build on yours?