On monday we lost our home and family dogs due to fire.

• HTML tutorial

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Have you filed with fema yet ? Don't they will want to give you way less than your land is worth.
I lost my home and everything I owned in Crystal Beach on the corner of cloon st and sea spray drive when hurricaine Ike hit. I used insurance (what it's for ) to get a cheap rv till I could rebuild then I rebuilt my home and sold it 5 years later for 3x what it was worth when I bought it.

Reactions: M Rose

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
It is tragic what happened to you. Since I am in Europe, I can unfortunately do nothing for you personally on the ground. But I hope that the small donation will contribute to help to make the situation better for you soon! All the best! By the way, it's nice to see how the community here sticks together and that there are always people who help each other in an uncomplicated way! Thanks for that to all.

U

UgotWheelz

I might be able to help with most the basic home supplies!! I am still trying to clear out my mothers home so I have an entire house full of the necessities. So sad to hear about loosing your dogs, our dog passed in November and I still haven't been able to get rid of her nice new Cosco beds and dog couch; so hard to loose a pet :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: El-Dracho
U

UgotWheelz

I just went out and looked in my shed where I keep all my DIY supplies, if you are planning to rebuild I have several crates of home improvement supplies mostly organized into trades like electrical, plumbing, paint & drywall, mechanical, and hardware, as well as quite a bit of vintage T&G cedar siding and misc lumber. Also my 10x12 cedar shed on a solid wood floor with HD stringers, fully insulated, is available it will need to leave the property when we sell the family home anyway. Needs new cedar shakes (squirrels and birds) but no leaks so far. A friend of mine lived in the shed for 3 years with her two small kids. It can be moved with a flatbed tow truck or disassembled and moved.