Oil and gas is looking to take 80,000 acres of public land near Moab to exploit.

• HTML tutorial

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

That is what I'm saying - Public Land is for everyone's Use - Jeeping, Mining, Camping, Logging, Biking, hiking, Drilling, Public is Public - Just Because someone Leases Mineral Rights Does not Mean that Public land is Now Private Land - Do we need Oil currently Nope Have lots of it But I bet the Towns in that county can use a Little cash Flow - Do what you wish Just think before you do it

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

If those towns need extra cash flow then maybe just maybe they should be more offroad friendly. Disney oklahoma stays on the map because they are offroad friendly and cater to us.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
That is what I'm saying - Public Land is for everyone's Use - Jeeping, Mining, Camping, Logging, Biking, hiking, Drilling, Public is Public - Just Because someone Leases Mineral Rights Does not Mean that Public land is Now Private Land - Do we need Oil currently Nope Have lots of it But I bet the Towns in that county can use a Little cash Flow - Do what you wish Just think before you do it
I come from the land of fracking. Here in Pa there was a huge boom. They built hotels, motels, restaurants, etc etc. plenty of work for any local that wanted it. Real estate and rent skyrocketed pricing long time residents out of the market. Service trucks were everywhere. Plenty of work- however- most of the jobs were filled by guys in pickup service trucks from Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, etc etc. With the Marcellus region drilled out, the jobs are gone. Only a handful of service techs remain. The region’s economy is actually worse now than it was before the drilling. You speak of jobs and an influx of money? Temporary at best for the locals. Do we need natural gas & oil? Certainly, no question. Do regions benefit from boom or bust economies? No. Green River could use a financial boost, but it would be very temporary and the resulting crash would leave their town in worse shape than it is now. It has been said that the aforementioned topic is very difficult to address. There are no absolutes. I’m wondering how anyone would react if they found an oil well next door tomorrow morning because your neighbor sold or leased his mineral rights without anyone’s consent. Yes, it is our property. Do we have the right to do anything we want with it? Not really. A very simple example is , I can’t build a damn which would cause my neighbors property to flood or neighbors down stream to go without water. Extrapalate that on and on, so the real answer is, No we cannot do anything we want with our property. So many different things to consider. I’ll be signing the petition.