Offroad lighting..

• HTML tutorial

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

Specifically, for my bed rack.. I am building a rack similar to a CanBak or Softopper..I think I want to add lighting. My questions are, is there a light good small and bright enough that I can add to the top front corners {behind the cab} and angle them outwards at an angle for night wheeling? I've seen the square pod lights but those, to me, are to bulky. I think they are about 3x3x3..with 4 bulbs in them.. Also, what type of lighting should I use for under the awning, when I add one? and for higher rear tail gate lighting? I know a lot of these are preference lights but do you have a place I could look for starters? I want to keep the wiring and switches simple..All these lights will most likely be removed with the "cap" so I'm thinking quick disconnects for wiring..Lets here it..

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I found these.. they are considered atv accessory lights..https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wci-atvk4235/overview/ So picture these at the top rear corner of the cab, facing out at 15* angles, for added lighting while going around bends/corners on back roads and trails at night. Think they'll work? They'll actually be mounted to front corners of the bed rack, at the rear of the cab..

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
For me ridgid industries Am great believer in you get what you pay for their rock lights and sean lights are good kit , the rock lights can be fitted under the wheel arches and chassis while the scean lights are mounted either on the side or rear of the rack or cab to provide a full flood light , Were needed check out their web site

Last edited: