Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

That's a heck of a frame. Is the trailer just for gear or will you be sleeping on it?

KCAT

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Pueblo, Colorado, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
King
Member #

I have always wanted to build one myself. Still planning on it too. Glad you decided to share your project with us. Will definitely keep tabs on this one.

Red Beard

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mexia, Texas
Member #

Looking good so far. I would highly recommend that you run your tongue tube at least in to you second cross member on th e frame. Running the young tube as far as the front spring hanger would be ideal to spread the load stresses out as much as possible on the frame.
I am building the frame for mine this week on my days off. Hopefully I'll have mine as a roller by Thursday. That is if my honey do list isn't to long...

Last edited:

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

A little progress this week. Next week I'll be down there and hopefully we'll get a rolling chassis, and maybe even the box built.

Welding up the frame
View attachment 12412

Here you can see where the box is going to be. The top rail is laid out on the frame. The gap in the center in the front and back is not the top rail, but there to show how tall the sides will be - if that makes sense. So, imagine those stood up on the sides, and you have the side panels for the box.
View attachment 12413

Welding & grinding
View attachment 12414
Only one suggestion. Take the center tube to the hitch location and tie the triangles into. Strength is the key for a rig this long

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: CrustyNuts