Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Awesome! Thanks Michael! Now, how do I gain access to this build so that I can try it out over the weekend? :grinning:
iOS is live - are you and Android user? We are finishing up some known issues with the Android build. Could provide an APK if you are brave.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
iOS is live - are you and Android user? We are finishing up some known issues with the Android build. Could provide an APK if you are brave.
Little green robot all the way over here. I'd be happy to try out the apk, unless you think the bugs will be squashed before the weekend. Then I can wait.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Little green robot all the way over here. I'd be happy to try out the apk, unless you think the bugs will be squashed before the weekend. Then I can wait.
Let's wait - but feel free to ping me as the weekend approaches and I'll get you an APK. We are hoping to have the android issues resolved by then.

Reactions: reaver

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
The new build 11.12.1 was released for Android this AM. We do expect a hot fix for some performance issues we are seeing on the map with Android. Any feedback appreciated!

Reactions: reaver

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
The new build 11.12.1 was released for Android this AM. We do expect a hot fix for some performance issues we are seeing on the map with Android. Any feedback appreciated!
HUGE improvement, and a big upgrade to usability!!

It seems to have cached my maps, but I seem to have an issue downloading it directly. I get the following error:

Attachments

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

It seems to have cached my maps, but I seem to have an issue downloading it directly. I get the following error:

Wanting to understand exactly what’s happening here. What are you trying to do when you get that error?

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Wanting to understand exactly what’s happening here. What are you trying to do when you get that error?
Trying to download maps for offline use via the gpx details page. It works if I do the rectangle download feature on the map page though.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Trying to download maps for offline use via the gpx details page. It works if I do the rectangle download feature on the map page though.
Ok perfect. Thank you. We’ll work on this for a hot fix.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Ok perfect. Thank you. We’ll work on this for a hot fix.
Another suggestion I'd like to make is the ability to store the downloaded maps on an external SD card on Android. Most Android phones don't have a ton of built in storage, and and it gets filled up pretty fast.

Reactions: dbtx and Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

I did some testing this morning, and at least on iOS I was able to download the map around the trail. Curious if you tried this today and if not could you? Let me know how that goes. If it still does not work it is likely an android only issue and will focus our efforts there.

Reactions: El-Dracho

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
It worked on my tablet, but I've not tried again on my phone. Let me give it another shot.

**EDIT**

It seems to be working now on my phone as well. Maybe it takes a few minutes after adding the GPX to be able to download it.

Enthusiast I

Orhantepe, Kartal/İstanbul, Türkiye
First Name
SAMET
Last Name
ASLAN
App just crashes on Pixel 5 (android13). (spotted the problem I guess) I can only get into the app via notifications but when I switched to the map section it crashes. Or starting the app directly from the launcher also crashes cause its starts from the map section.

Last edited:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
App just crashes on Pixel 5 (android13). (spotted the problem I guess) I can only get into the app via notifications but when I switched to the map section it crashes. Or starting the app directly from the launcher also crashes cause its starts from the map section.
We are prepping a hotfix to resolve some of these issues with the latest release. Before the weekend!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey guys - a new build was just published. Can you try it and let me know if it fixes the crash issue? Thank you!

M
The app works great - except this minor issue with not uploading some POIs recorded in offline mode I told you about.

Thanks for the great work you are doing with your team and that you let us contribute with ideas and suggestions to it.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey guys - a new build was just published. Can you try it and let me know if it fixes the crash issue? Thank you!

M
Problem still occurring on my phone
Thank you for reporting! If you look at the bottom of your slide out app menu, is it version ending in 143?

The issue you are facing is, crashes upon load?

Thanks!

M

Enthusiast I

Orhantepe, Kartal/İstanbul, Türkiye
First Name
SAMET
Last Name
ASLAN
It crashes while trying to load the map I guess. It doesn't crash on other pages I tried to open the app with notifications it works fine on other pages. But it crashes on the map page.
If you directly open the app it automatically navigates to the map page and it makes it crash.
Can't see the version number but I upgraded to the last version via playstore

Attachments

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
It crashes while trying to load the map I guess. It doesn't crash on other pages I tried to open the app with notifications it works fine on other pages. But it crashes on the map page.
If you directly open the app it automatically navigates to the map page and it makes it crash.
Can't see the version number but I upgraded to the last version via playstore
OK copy - I see. Thank you Pati!

We are going to further deep dive this issue. If you are able to follow a link to get into the app - it would be really helpful to know the last 3 of the version number just to be absolutely sure you have the correct version. Was released about 10hrs ago. Yours should end 143.

Thank you!

1668703926354.png