Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
I like the design. It's great. The materials, not so much. I'm going to reach out to him about doing a higher quality version for OB. He hasn't done it because of retail price point. All of the good tire carriers I have seen are between $120 - $250. Much higher. Thing is, I'm on my third Trasharoo. I'd would have gladly paid more for a bag that last forever. I'll keep ya posted.
I've never used it, but it's worth a try...
Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 9.34.19 AM.png
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Trek7-32-oz-Ray-Bloc-UV-Fabric-Protector-Spray-rbuv32/204328276

Reactions: Michael

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
I'll research it further. Maybe I'll need to bring one back so we can kick the tires!
Hello. I have been using one for about a year now and it works for so much more than trash. I built a small 1/2" pvc frame to hold it open. I've put fire wood, chairs, wet suits and dirty clothes in it. We purchased these as a group for around $55 US. They were shipped to 2 members locations and we picked them up as we had meet ups.

They were printed with our group logo.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Texas Overland did a run of the trasharoos with the logo and there have been quality issues. Mainly the fading (only took a month or two for most folks to have a completely faded Roo).

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
I have the tan color. It looks used but it has been. Can't say anything about the color one's. Ill ask the guys in my other group how they are holding up.

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Definitely see fading in my Roo after only having it a couple of weeks, BUT I do leave it on the rig full time because I never know when I'm going to be on the trails. Wonder how the UV resistant fabric spray works, if its worth it...

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
@Michael and I spoke awhile back about this, he has given it some thought but wants to find a higher quality version of some sort. Trasharoo, I do own one but from what I have read they fade very fast and don't seem to handle the abuse of what some other comparable brands.
This is absolutely right.
We have one and the uv sunlight killed the lid closing straps to the point they disintegrated. The main cover has no issues or the rear securing straps. It is mounted permanently and we lived in Cyprus. It was just the straps that hold down the lid failed, the made cover fades but no other issues.
Our Trasheroo is currently being repaired at a local sailmaker.
On the plus side for trasheroo we found it much more weather proof (water specifically) than others out there.

McCamper

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SODDY DAISY / CHATTANOOGA TN
Member #

2 things.
1. Anyone try the Ailen shade tire trash bag. Its a plastic type mesh.
2. Apply a UV spray to the bags. And a Hydrophobic coating. Ultra Ever Dry is the coating i saw first. Now Rustolium makes one.
BE WARNED THIS HYDROPHOBIC COATING DOES MAKE YOUR STUFF HAVE A WHITE SHEANE OR LOOK FOGGED OVER.

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

For those of us who already have a trasharoo, could there be a patch made to put on it? Also second question @Michael could you send me a couple links of these better brands out there? So we don't end up like your predicament and having bought 3 trasharoos lol. THANKS!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
For those of us who already have a trasharoo, could there be a patch made to put on it? Also second question @Michael could you send me a couple links of these better brands out there? So we don't end up like your predicament and having bought 3 trasharoos lol. THANKS!
We have patches. Any special requests?

Here is the product we currently use. We have talked to them about collaborating with OLB and we may release a product with them. First, they have to resolve the stock issue! :)

https://ferroconcepts.com/collections/ghost-wild

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

We have patches. Any special requests?

Here is the product we currently use. We have talked to them about collaborating with OLB and we may release a product with them. First, they have to resolve the stock issue! :)

https://ferroconcepts.com/collections/ghost-wild
Awesome! thanks and I will check out the patches for sure! I really haven't checked out the OB online store too much yet.