Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Central Europe, the continent. The old and Overlanding forgotten continent.

Overlanding in the Netherlands means also using a boat. This was a day in our national water park. Only reached by foor or boat.

Long tracks we dont have, but with a little bit of planning and patience, and hourse behind a PC we can make routes along the best tracks in a specific area.
Its not easy, but it is the best we can do.

Wild Camping is more or less in Europe a no go. So, the best we can find are campsites which are as close to nature as can be.
And then we will put up there a OB Basecamp. With as always, lots of food, hehe

Food is always a good moment to talk and have fun. Here we did a cooking Workshop with all kind of food processing ways. COBB, Fire, Pruttelpot and more.

One of the things I like is explaning things about the country, geographical, economics, cultural and historical.

And sometimes a campsite just looks the way a camp should look in the great outdoor.

But a restaurant is never far away. And that means, one of the Netherlands dishes, Pancakes.

I think you can easely say, Iam very proud of living here and be a part of OB in General and of Central or Mid europe as well.
Our little group is growing more and more. And we all love to be out there.
What do you think folks?
@TheDukeNL , @GeoCamper3730 , @[DO]Ron , @GEO_Fabi.Mhlr and more

GeoCampers #4771

Mid Europe Local Expert, France, Belgium
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Werm, Belgium
First Name
Toon
Last Name
Dams
Member #

Yes, indeed Robert, in Mid Europe we need to cherrish the few spots where we can go to and have our micro adventures. Small but never the less they are adventures. And since the space is limited we need to love it and protect it even more.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Great pics!

Mt Warning is a nice spot to visit Luis..did you go up to the breadknife? I'm originally from Ballina so I am familiar with the area..you should have a look at Minyon Falls a bit further south.

The gazebos are worth there weight in gold ay! I use one too and a kings swag..awning, mesh floor and awning side wall they work a treat!

Sent from my SM-T580 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

@Aussie571 ...we got there late, had some lunch first, so too late for any climbs on the Mt warning trip...will look out for Minyon falls for sure...and yes, the gear available now a day is amazing, low cost and makes life a lot easier....cheers mate !

Reactions: Aussie571

Sheepdog831

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boulder Creek CA
Member #

IMG_0016.JPG
Here are our kids enjoying burgers over the open fire, after playing with their pellet guns in the Kaibab Forest in Arizona. Great times, beautiful country. We brought our 2 kids and a couple of their buddies. This was our first major overland trip, it was such a good time that we are planning our next trip, building up our trailer and the kids talked about building their overland rigs when they get big! Lol

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

View attachment 53285
Here are our kids enjoying burgers over the open fire, after playing with their pellet guns in the Kaibab Forest in Arizona. Great times, beautiful country. We brought our 2 kids and a couple of their buddies. This was our first major overland trip, it was such a good time that we are planning our next trip, building up our trailer and the kids talked about building their overland rigs when they get big! Lol
That is awesome !