OB or OLB?

• HTML tutorial

Do you use OB or OLB to abbreviate Overland Bound?

• Total voters

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

I've noticed lately some people abbreviate Overland Bound with OLB and some use OB. What's your preference?

Lindenwood

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

New Mexico
First Name
Jay
Last Name
M
Member #

I have always used OB, butt since we're talking about it...

The .mil seems to always use 3-letter acronyms, even for two-word phrases, or otherwise put a slash between them.

Like, I always see Kinetic Strike as K/S. Or, a program named Patriot Excaliber is called (and written as) PEX.

I could probably think of more if I didnt just get done with 12 hours of work at 1am :P .

Reactions: Mike G

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I have always used OB, butt since we're talking about it...

The .mil seems to always use 3-letter acronyms, even for two-word phrases, or otherwise put a slash between them.

Like, I always see Kinetic Strike as K/S. Or, a program named Patriot Excaliber is called (and written as) PEX.

I could probably think of more if I didnt just get done with 12 hours of work at 1am :P .
The military/government uses a lot of 3-letter acronyms and just as many 4-letter ones with 5-letter ones not too far behind.

They do this for the same reason they us the 24 hour clock, a.k.a. "military time" - expediancy and accuracy. There's less of a chance of screwing up a message with a 3+ letter acronym than a two letter one.

Last I knew, whenever a word begins with "ex" it is always used as part of the acronym.

Some of the acronyms don't make a lot of sense though, such as "HIP" - Migratory Bird Harvest Information Program.

I actually thought of getting vanity tags for my Rover with "FUBAR" on them.

Reactions: Mike G