US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

I hope so! I will be busy until the 9th. Our county has exstended the restrictions until the 8th. I'm thinking of repeating the meet-up down near monument on the Saturday the 9th with who ever would like to join. I really want to camp but with Mothers day following it's not in the cards at my house. Just want to get into the mountains, tired of being cooped up.

What do you guys think?
Id be up for a drive/meetup whatever, rig is still bone-stock, and im a novice for this sort of offroad driving. But, I think we would be up for it!

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Greetings everyone ! We just joined and are waiting for our membership but I wanted to go ahead and introduce my self. My name is Aleem, my wife (Danielle) and I moved to Fort Collins last July and are excited to get into Overlanding. We recently bought what will become our overlanding rig and my daily back in December. We moved here shortly after getting married and completing my residency in Medical Physics. I look forward to meeting, learning and experiencing overlanding with all of you! (Hope everyone is staying safe)

Here she is pre-modifications:
View attachment 148811
Welcome! And beautiful color!

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Hey all, I recently posted my roof top tent and annex in the for sale area of OB. Link is below if anyone is interested.

CVT Mt Shasta RTT and Annex

Also, as more and more options become available for trips and camping in the near future, I'll start to work with the team to try to restart our monthly meetups.

Reactions: JCarter

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I am all for camping, I just feel there are better places to go! :grinning:
Me too except with Mothers day the next day. I'd better be home for her. And yes there are much better places but are they open right now? Miller Rock? I would like to go anywhere as long as it's in the mountains. Lets nail something down next Wednesday. Hope everyone is hanging in there.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Id be up for a drive/meetup whatever, rig is still bone-stock, and im a novice for this sort of offroad driving. But, I think we would be up for it!
You should be fine anywhere we go right now. Does your vehicle have recovery points? (Trailer hitch?) Anyways would be great to meet you.

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

You should be fine anywhere we go right now. Does your vehicle have recovery points? (Trailer hitch?) Anyways would be great to meet you.
Just what came from factory, Ive got a tow hitch and what i believe to be the two tie down points or tow points in the front, ill have to double check in the morning

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

Firestone, Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
I'm probably going to miss this month, each weekend is piled with things to do. Plus a trip out to Missouri to see my Daughter, Son-in-law and 5 grandchildren.

But I'm set on going down to explore the San Juan's for 5 days-4 nights June 11th -June 15th. (Basically 4 days exploring) I'll be attempting to list a Rally point soon when I can get most the details hammered out. I know it's a little early but I would like to see the mountains during heavier run off. And there are several events coming up with the Colorado group , and you certainly want to stay home during the FJ Summit (July15th-19th).
Are you still planning to do this?
San Juan's for 5 days-4 nights June 11th -June 15th.

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
Just what came from factory, Ive got a tow hitch and what i believe to be the two tie down points or tow points in the front, ill have to double check in the morning
If you are stock your front points are only meant for tie-downs, but in an emergency could be used.
I believe @Fortis Overland , @carlo_donz, @NoCo4Rnr have upgraded theirs and can provide better guidance than I can.

JCarter

Rank V
Investor

Member III

First Name
John
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0LRZ
Hey all, I recently posted my roof top tent and annex in the for sale area of OB. Link is below if anyone is interested.

CVT Mt Shasta RTT and Annex

Also, as more and more options become available for trips and camping in the near future, I'll start to work with the team to try to restart our monthly meetups.
Do you still have the hi-lift wheel attachment
?

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

If you are stock your front points are only meant for tie-downs, but in an emergency could be used.
I believe @Fortis Overland , @carlo_donz, @NoCo4Rnr have upgraded theirs and can provide better guidance than I can.
I attached some shackles to the front tow points for now, and a shackle receiver on the rear. I’ve got a recovery strap and tree saver strap in with my tool bag. Haven’t had to use them yet but the season is just beginning so we’ll see what kind of trouble I get into. ;-)

Fortis Overland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

I'm using the stock recovery point on my Taco in the front that came with my offroad package. I did buy a shackle for the trailer hitch that seems pretty solid. The link for it is here: recovery shackle

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Are you still planning to do this?
San Juan's for 5 days-4 nights June 11th -June 15th.
If it's ok down there I would like to. (I figure we are going to be social distancing camping anyways) Just going with the flow????
Really hope we can do June Jam.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

For the time being, I just added 2 shackles to the front tow hooks. These shouldn't be used for recovery but to pull someone out on an almost flat surface they are fine.
For the back you can just use a shackle connected to the hitch mount, plenty strong.

Some company sells proper recovery point to bolt on the frame but they are pretty pricey (~$170).

Reactions: JDGreens

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

For the time being, I just added 2 shackles to the front tow hooks. These shouldn't be used for recovery but to pull someone out on an almost flat surface they are fine.
For the back you can just use a shackle connected to the hitch mount, plenty strong.

Some company sells proper recovery point to bolt on the frame but they are pretty pricey (~$170).
Honestly in most cases a set of tracks will do the trick in the snow. Hence the last time I got out with the group was my first real experience with them pretty impressive.

I found a tow chain I had that we used to hook into my frame of my Ford f-150 this winter as I got stuck ina mud pit going to my friends cabin. His Xj helped me easily. Kind of like Matt off road recovery uses.

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

We would love to join, but we are still waiting on our compressor and deflator, do you think any of that would be necessary for this trail ride?
I can share my compressor and just got a new battery in my 4Runner yesterday and my deflator only this week.

Reactions: Iridium