First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi all,

I want to say three things about this site and security.

First, I will not talk much about this site and security for the same reason an NFL quarterback doesn't yell his plays and a Nascar race car doesn't have blinkers. We do not intend to announce our strategies to those we don't want to listen.

Second, I will state the obvious, and talk about the "now". You will notice a change in the address bar. It's an "https" with a little lock. That means you are dealing with a new level of security on this site. It's kind of a pain in the ass in terms of logging on and such, but it is there for good reason. Want to know why? Here you go: Google Search: "https" You will also be dealing with more rigid password security, and will have to change your password every 6 months. It's better that way. Trust us. If you ever have any question about these requirements, contact us through the many contact forms on our site.

Third and last, the "future". We know we will face new challenges and require new security measures. If we have learned anything, it's that this effort is ongoing. We've done a lot, but there is a whole roadmap of security measures we know, and don't know, especially with a community growing as fast as ours.
We are committed to this community first and foremost, and we will continue to do what it takes to deliver the resources and information necessary to make connecting with nature a little easier.
Costs are rising, and as they do, your support is appreciated! If you want to help directly, become a Supporter of these forums! For the price of a gallon of gas you help this site stay secure. If you prefer cool stuff to spread the word about Overland Bound, head to our Store. It's really that simple and it all helps!

For those special few who have committed themselves to help Overland Bound above and beyond the call of duty, for the thousands of members who have shown their support, and for the millions of people who have yet to be introduced, we will be here for you!

With the deepest appreciation and respect,

Michael and @Corrie

Last edited: