NW Overland Rally-Backcountry Route

• HTML tutorial

KaizerWilhelm

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle, WA
Member #

With the NW Overland Rally coming up, a couple buddies and I are heading up Sunday from Seattle. I was wondering if anyone had maps/GPS info for a route that is not on pavement the entire way? I am new to working through Gaia so any help is appreciated.

Even a little dirt is better than all pavement!

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Look at the Washington BDR route. I’m not sure how close it gets though. You can download and import the tracks into GAIA for free.

https://ridebdr.com/WABDR

Maybe I-90 to Ellensburg and then North. I’m not a local but Go Hawks!

Wherever you go, there you are. Sent from my phone.

KaizerWilhelm

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle, WA
Member #

I was thinking something different than the BDR. Maybe something that parallels Highway 2. I'll keep on the lookout and post what I find.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I was thinking something different than the BDR. Maybe something that parallels Highway 2. I'll keep on the lookout and post what I find.
Check trailsoffroad.com for possible ideas.

NWOR is a lot of fun. Hoping to return next year. Overland Expo has gotten a bit crazy.

KaizerWilhelm

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle, WA
Member #

Check trailsoffroad.com for possible ideas.

NWOR is a lot of fun. Hoping to return next year. Overland Expo has gotten a bit crazy.
Will do. I've played around on that site before, just didn't come to mind at first.

Really looking forward to NWOR especially as it'll be my first big 'overland event'.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Nothing comes to mind, so, I will be interested to see if you come up with a backroad to Plain, WA. from the west side! Benz.

KaizerWilhelm

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Seattle, WA
Member #

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find anything. Granted, I didn't spend as much time looking as I had hoped to, but my quick search showed nothing.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Did not meet one person from Overland Bound at the Rally. Will Marcia, was but did not know that at the time. I did have a good time though. Had to leave on Saturday,as my dog got sick from everybody giving her people food treats! My fault for not saying no. She seems fine now, but it did cut things short. Benz.