Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

I vote we do a meet up in June. A big one. Things should be opening up soon, and though I have no doubt they’ll be a second (and probably worse) wave of infections, I think a meet up would do us all some good - even if we have to social distance a bit. Thoughts?

Nomad_JK

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

VA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
C
Member #

So I just realized my app died and wasn’t getting notifications. What’s been going on guys? How’s everyone holding up?

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

jakeandhisdodge

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Ten Eyck
Member #

So I just realized my app died and wasn’t getting notifications. What’s been going on guys? How’s everyone holding up?
I think everyones just holding out till june, we're doing good here though. Me and another member met up with the western va group and went to flagpole knob last weekend. And it was a packed group, i think we had 15 or 16 rigs, even though they did a cut off at 10. I slid in right before the limit, but then people kept showing up at the actual event. Screenshot_20200517-082654_Messenger.jpgreceived_786748315415486.jpeg

RedLeg

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Locust Grove, VA
First Name
Leif
Last Name
Henecke
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
We went along on that ride with the SW VA group and had a great time. We’d be up for getting together with other folks from the NOVA area.

Reactions: jakeandhisdodge

Justin Lackey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hughesville, MD, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Lackey
Member #

We are looking at maybe going up to Green Ridge State Forrest Saturday morning and spending a few hours there, then heading down to GWNF near Bergton, VA and finding a place to camp. Doing some exploring Sunday and camping again Sunday night then heading back home Monday. If anyone is interested I imagine it would be easy to "distance" each other with only a few rigs.

Nomad_JK

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

VA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
C
Member #

We are looking at maybe going up to Green Ridge State Forrest Saturday morning and spending a few hours there, then heading down to GWNF near Bergton, VA and finding a place to camp. Doing some exploring Sunday and camping again Sunday night then heading back home Monday. If anyone is interested I imagine it would be easy to "distance" each other with only a few rigs.
Nice. I went camping up in green ridge about a year ago now. It was a pretty nice place. I’ve just been trying to take care of random stuff I’ve been putting off at the house. Pressure wash, redo flower beds, that type thing.

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Talking with Bill from Commonwealth Classics, he’d love to do a meet up and local brewery scavenger hunt. Idea is, you use your GPS and locate 4-5 breweries in the Marshall/Warrenton area. Back roads, gravel roads, you collect a 6 pack from each brewery you win. Incredible countryside in Warren, Fauquier, Loudoun, and PW counties. We are also trying to put a class together on basic trail maintenance and using 4wd, lockers properly. Taught by Tom Oneil, who trains military on some of the same points. Hopefully I’ll have better news when the state opens up more.

Specter

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Checking in. I’m traveling again for work but returning this week to VA - thank God. I’m definitely down for some meet ups over the next month or two. Speaking of which, has anyone been to the Flying Circus off 17 in Bealeton (https://www.flyingcircusairshow.com/map.html)?I haven’t seen the show but I took my sons train spotting near it a few weeks again and stopped by. In short, it had an enormous field that is level, secluded and beautiful. Tons of space! While I’m down for meeting at coffee shops and breweries when we can’t get to dirt, this place may be awesome for more of a ‘field day’, or ‘family day’ type get together. I may reach out to them and see about permission. More to come on that... Hope everyone is doing well.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Talking with Bill from Commonwealth Classics, he’d love to do a meet up and local brewery scavenger hunt. Idea is, you use your GPS and locate 4-5 breweries in the Marshall/Warrenton area. Back roads, gravel roads, you collect a 6 pack from each brewery you win. Incredible countryside in Warren, Fauquier, Loudoun, and PW counties. We are also trying to put a class together on basic trail maintenance and using 4wd, lockers properly. Taught by Tom Oneil, who trains military on some of the same points. Hopefully I’ll have better news when the state opens up more.
Love the idea @JRElaxED ... wish I was closer.

Gibsin23

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Pasadena, MD, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Braughton
Member #

I'd make the trip down for that. Get us posted if it gets any headwind.

Nick80

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Haymarket, Virginia, USA
First Name
NICHOLAS
Last Name
Roozen
Member #

Is peters mill one way? If so what road would be the entrance? My map shows to enter at woodstock tower rd. Gonna take the baby for his first day trip tomorrow.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Is peters mill one way? If so what road would be the entrance? My map shows to enter at woodstock tower rd. Gonna take the baby for his first day trip tomorrow.
It is not .... you can enter from either side and drive all the way through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Casper66

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Good morning everybody! I hope everyone is healthy and happy. Anything scheduled going on here in the near future?