Launch Member

Advocate II

Virginia
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Any one up for anything oct 13 maybe a day trip or camp that sat night I’m still getting a very basic camp setup going but Jeep is ready
I be working on sleeping platform for toyota and gathering everything up for the roof top rally at james river state park in two weeks

Reactions: sabjku

Anthony 1972

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Virginia
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Does anyone know what kind of fire pit is required at James River State Park for the rally,and are you allowed to bring firewood or do you have to purchase it there

BRIAN NABY

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roanoke Virginia
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nabywaniec
Member #

Does anyone know what kind of fire pit is required at James River State Park for the rally,and are you allowed to bring firewood or do you have to purchase it there
As long as it is off the ground, closed bottom with a catch so it doesn't burn the grass it should be ok. This is what Adam told me from BROG. I took a old jerry van and cut it in half then put legs on it for the flea market camp out.

Anthony 1972

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Virginia
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Grant
Member #

As long as it is off the ground, closed bottom with a catch so it doesn't burn the grass it should be ok. This is what Adam told me from BROG. I took a old jerry van and cut it in half then put legs on it for the flea market camp out.
Thanks for info.ive seen people use a old wash tub from a washing machine.what bout firewood

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Has any one been to Canaan Loop, we how is it and how hard
Yeah we've done it a couple times in my stock 2017 Tacoma TRD Sport. Couple spots you may want to get out to check your line or have a spotter maybe but very entry level. If you go and have the time, scoot up to the nearby Olsen Fire Tower, it's pretty neat.

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

2 weeks away from Rooftop Tent Rally. We had an incredible time at Overland Gear sale. Hoping we can all get another caravan down. Leaving early Friday from Alexandria area, but can meet up along the way. You must register for event $22 early or $40 day off. More details as we get closer, but just trying to get the chatter started.

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

I saw that, you did a lot of cool stuff for cheap. You should sell those fire pits.

Reactions: geekyadam

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
2 weeks away from Rooftop Tent Rally. We had an incredible time at Overland Gear sale. Hoping we can all get another caravan down. Leaving early Friday from Alexandria area, but can meet up along the way. You must register for event $22 early or $40 day off. More details as we get closer, but just trying to get the chatter started.
Which weekend is this ?