Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

It's been awhile since I've been active on OB. However, thanks to my current schedule, I have a lot more time now! Just actually got back from Baja and a two month trip to the southwest. Highly recommend, as the SW is stunning!

Have there been any meet ups recently here in NOVA? If not, we should do something. Doesn't take much to do. Name a time and a place, and show up. We used a few local parks back then, as there was plenty of space for rigs. We would usually plan on hanging out, cooking breakfast/lunch, and just bs'ing.

**EDIT**

I should clarify that we did some meetups as well with trail runs, longer routes, etc. My initial mention above was for the more local get togethers, not necessarily all day trips.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigred2211

OVRLDZL

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, VA, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
I wish, bored, want to go do something, haven't done anything since trip to Canaan Loop Road, Canaan Valley WVA in May

bigred2211

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Maryland
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Walker
Changed Rig's, still in building phase of new one, but I'm always down...after I move next month.

Mike.

SteveC-Pro4X

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Havertown, PA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Coscia
Member #

Anyone going to the BROG James River State Park RTT Rally the weekend of 10/22?
Yes, I registered. My third time - looking forward to it.

I am leaving Pennsylvania on Sunday, Oct 16th and heading south. I was planning to explore northern Georgia, eastern Tennessee Smokey Mountain region prior to the RT Rally. Any suggestions for the few days prior to RT Rally?

Reactions: SorrTrek

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

Anyone going to the BROG James River State Park RTT Rally the weekend of 10/22?
Yes, I registered. My third time - looking forward to it.
Yeah I've been a few times, the last couple I missed for one reason or another. I'll be in a group with a bunch of 3rd Gen 4runners. Red and silver one. Getting there Thursday

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
I'm headed north tomorrow till the 23rd, I will be doing some exploring in my home state of Maine and spending some time with my aging parents.

KamperW

Rank II

Contributor III

Chesapeake Beach, MD, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Weaver
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA3RXW
We decided to pull some of Maryland in with the Northern VA meetups for the time being, as there are only a few out there and they appear to be closer to where that meetup will likely be than they are to Eastern MD. That, said, it could all change in the blink of an eye as we get things going and this all gets worked out.

How many of y'all are north of Fredericksburg VA? You are the folks we are targeting for this monthly meetup. I don't have a date or location picked for this yet but those will come soon. Right now I want to get a feel for how many folks are interested and where you are all located.

**As of right now I am working on this one alone. I would love to get someone from the area to jump in and be the boots on the ground or even take over completely. If you are interested let me know.

I've posted below the basic vision for what this all can look like. You may have seen it or parts of it in another thread I posted for the northeast. I'm not going to reinvent the wheel so I've copied it here below.

What is a meetup? It's whatever you make it. Most of the time its meeting at a local bar, coffee shop or restaurant to sit down and chat about everything under the sun. Sometimes it's a Saturday picnic at a park to get the whole family out and meet other adventurous families. Sometimes everyone is busy and a month gets skipped. But at its core it is a very casual way to meet other folks in the community, form friendships and build relationships with others who share the adventurous spirit of Overland Bound. This causes greater participation in the larger OB sponsored events and member led events because the barrier of not knowing folks is gone and you just want to have fun with the friends you already have and the ones you know you will make.
I’m in Chesapeake Beach MD. I travel all over the DMV for work. Available to meet anywhere in the area.

Last edited:

bigred2211

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Maryland
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Walker
Still more work to do to get the rig were I want it, but ready to hit the great outdoors this weekend. Anyone going out to enjoy this fall weather?