Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG

Come on out to Epidemic Brewery in Concord on Saturday August 5th (12:00 pm) and meet the other local OB members. Epidemic will be reserving an area inside for us and will have a food truck on site that day. I have also arranged for a tour of their facility for anyone interested. I've also invited our OB gurus, Michael and Corrie. Hopefully, they will be in town and able to make it!

We're trying to make these meet ups a regular thing, rotating them throughout the Bay Area. Come on out and support the effort! Epidemic is at 150 Mason Cir. in Concord and they have some of the best craft brew in the area. Hope to see you there!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Coming down to the wire. Just 5 days away. Can't wait! Looking forward to meeting up with a great group and see some awesome rigs! Doesn't matter what you drive. If you're an Overlander member, or follower, come on out and join us. See you There!

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Johnni,

While I'm far from being good at this (I'm sure there are several more knowledgeable members that will chime in), I just installed mine into my Jeep. It was pretty easy, even for me! Once I determined where I wanted to mount it, I used an "add a circuit" (you can get them at any auto part store) to tap into a fuse that only works with the ignition/auxiliary on. Then find a piece of metal close by to attach the ground cable to. Once you have power to the radio, it was just a matter of running the coaxial cable to where i mounted my antennae. Check YouTube. There are quite a few videos that will help you. Keep in mind that you need to have the antennae tuned. I went to the Ham Radio Outlet in Oakland and they tuned it up for me at a very reasonable cost. If your not comfortable with the process, they will do the full install for you if you want. They're very reasonable and extremely knowledgeable. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Johnnibanner

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Sick thanks i didnt think there was a shop in the bay area. I should get my parts in this week. So if everything goes well i can have it set up by the time for the meet. [emoji5][emoji5][emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G935P using OB Talk mobile app
Yep. Give them a call first though to schedule. When I went, he was kind of busy. But he got me in and got the whole thing up and running perfectly. Great place! Hope to see you on Saturday. Sounds like we're going to get a huge turnout! Good luck!

Reactions: Johnnibanner

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Bummer. Nothing planned, but I'm sure there will be more!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Great event today. We had an awesome turnout and had a chance to meet some of the best people around. Great group, awesome beer and fine dining! In addition to us locals, we had people from as far away as Sonoma County, San Jose and Tracy! Thanks to all that attended for making this a great event. Let's keep this going! I encourage others in different areas to plan events! Most of you had the chance to sign in and I'll be getting that list out to you soon. We had a lot of talk about a Hollister trip. That would be a good first event for us, as it's got something for everyone. More on that in the near future! Thanks again and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves! See other posts for pics of the event!

Mike

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
The Hollister trip is on 8/26. I've started a rally point for it. Come on out and join in. All future posts will be there!

Saints&Sailors

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

The Hollister trip is on 8/26. I've started a rally point for it. Come on out and join in. All future posts will be there!

When I go to the 'Rally Points' page of the website, it says that this functionality is coming soon so I'm not sure that feature will be up and running for the 8.26 trip to Hollister... Perhaps I'm missing something?

We'd love to join, marking our calendars to we can keep tabs on it!

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Are you using the actual website or the app? Unfortunately, it doesn't work yet on the app (found out yesterday that's a future add). Log into the Overlandbound.com website and you'll see it there. Glad to hear you're going to join us!

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
I just logged in and it's working here. Make sure you're actually logged into the site. If all else fails, I will also be posting on the Overland Bound West Facebook page.

Saints&Sailors

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Are you using the actual website or the app? Unfortunately, it doesn't work yet on the app (found out yesterday that's a future add). Log into the Overlandbound.com website and you'll see it there. Glad to hear you're going to join us!

If you navigate to the landing page for Rally Points nothing is available yet but, based upon the below thread, if you use the direct link to the rally point it works.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/hollister-svra-august-26-2017-08-26-2017.9075/

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ