Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
I feel like if people were engaged/active we have enough members and resources for the US East region to be US Northeast and Southeast regions but I feel like the culture on the east is much more fractured and we all have a tendency to keep everything to ourselves.

Reactions: steal63

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

And with that in mind Michael... Is why most of us on this coast wish to break in down a bit. It is as simple as adding the Crew or Regional feature to the web-based platform, instead of the 'pay-for' app... I've bypassed all this by making a private group and more so by making another group on Reddit. I would like to keep it here though... if you folks will work with us a bit... you know... the membership folks.

Reactions: Dusther210

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
And with that in mind Michael... Is why most of us on this coast wish to break in down a bit. It is as simple as adding the Crew or Regional feature to the web-based platform, instead of the 'pay-for' app... I've bypassed all this by making a private group and more so by making another group on Reddit. I would like to keep it here though... if you folks will work with us a bit... you know... the membership folks.
Hi RJ, Thanks.

The app supports the same core Member features as the web in terms of functionality. If you are running into trouble with that, its a technical issue we should fix.

We don't have a crew feature on the web or app - but interested in your thoughts. By regional feature, what are your thoughts?

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
From this picture to me it looks like there could definitely be a northeast and a southeast regions
Oh - there is! The east coast is divided by Northeast, East, and Southeast.
(Insert shocked face emoji) and this whole time I only knew about US East region

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

There is a US Northwest, a US West. And a US Southwest. But in the east, there is only US East and US SouthEast. We think it should be us NorthEast, US East (Mid Atlantci) and US SouthEast.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

dwb133

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fenwick Island, De
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Barry
Member #

I feel like if people were engaged/active we have enough members and resources for the US East region to be US Northeast and Southeast regions but I feel like the culture on the east is much more fractured and we all have a tendency to keep everything to ourselves.
I totally agree. Being a native southern Californian and living there for 67 years and getting my first 4x4 in 1970 then moving to the east coast 3 years ago the Offroad culture is totally different. I love the east coast, only thing I don't like is the lack of BLM property and open off-road areas. But I' adapting.

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I totally agree. Being a native southern Californian and living there for 67 years and getting my first 4x4 in 1970 then moving to the east coast 3 years ago the Offroad culture is totally different. I love the east coast, only thing I don't like is the lack of BLM property and open off-road areas. But I' adapting.
Yup and that is why most of us that have found spots keep quiet about them so they don't get shutdown. Closest thing we have to BLM land is North Maine Woods and even that is privately owned land.