Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
I clicked on the rally link about and get the following message.

{"code":"rest_no_route","message":"No route was found matching the URL and request method.","data":{"status":404}}

Is there another way to see the rally point and other trip details?

Thanks,
Ok. I see what you mean. Did it for me too. If you go to the Rally Point tab at the top and make your way to the Rally Point from that end, it's there. Not sure why the link in the first message isn't working.

edit: I think I fixed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: wanderingfoodie_95

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Okay... I'm IN! I am probably going to have that Friday free if anybody is interested in making this a 2-nighter. Also, how does the group feel about me throwing down a taco night?

-TJ

Reactions: Speric

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I plan on going. This will be my first after lurking die a long time. Renting some equipment from base before going all. I believe my Outback Wilderness should do fine. Not sure what a moderate 2 I but I'm game to find out lol
What are you renting? I have some gear that I don't need to utilize now that I have my Fourwheel Camper and wouldn't mind bringing a few things if it helps.

-TJ

dsheber

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Windsor, CA 95492, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Sheber
Member #

Ugh, Will be at Standish Hickey cooking for 6 rigs. Will have to miss this one. Great Pic from Hull. Cya on the trail.

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Okay... I'm IN! I am probably going to have that Friday free if anybody is interested in making this a 2-nighter. Also, how does the group feel about me throwing down a taco night?

-TJ
A 2-nighter might work. Maybe as it gets closer we can see if who's going that will work for them. I can't quite commit to 2 nights at the moment, but that could change. And taco night sounds great!

Reactions: SAM2CLIMB and tjZ06

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

A 2-nighter might work. Maybe as it gets closer we can see if who's going that will work for them. I can't quite commit to 2 nights at the moment, but that could change. And taco night sounds great!
Right on, we'll just see as it gets closer. And I have some ideas for a vegetarian option for the taco night too... going to do some more research on that since I've never really cooked vegetarian but I like the challenge (and for the rest of y'all... don't worry there will be meat lol).

-TJ

R.German-Jeeper

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Penngrove Ca.
First Name
Roy
Last Name
German
Member #

TJ
Taco night sounds great, what can we contribute to make that happen food, cooking gear, or anything else? and two nights sounds great.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

TJ
Taco night sounds great, what can we contribute to make that happen food, cooking gear, or anything else? and two nights sounds great.
I'll have it all covered, including a variety of salsas and things like that. But if you have a favorite you can't do without, feel free to bring that. When we get closer and get a tighter head-count I can let folks know if there's anything I need, but I don't expect I will. Thanks though!

-TJ

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
There may be a 2 night option going forward. I've added the extra day to the event, but if folks can only come 1 day, I can set-up a meet-up point Saturday morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: R.German-Jeeper

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Please note that I moved the initial meet-up spot in Santa Rosa. The Costco parking lot on a Friday afternoon is really the last place we want start. I moved it a bit further north in front of a Lucky's Supermarket, with a less crowded parking lot. It's also next to a Home Depot in case anyone forgets a tool or something.

SAM2CLIMB

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Terry
Last Name
Lee
Member #

I am interested on this. Dates are good. Just wondering -- if my stock FJ Cruiser will be suitable for this trip. Any advise? Thanks!

Reactions: Speric

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
There are no restrictions on fires, as of today. Just no "Fireworks, pyrotechnics, explosives, any internal or external combusion engine without a spark arresting device".

R.German-Jeeper

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Penngrove Ca.
First Name
Roy
Last Name
German
Member #

Any updates regarding what camp site we will be using? And there will be two people in our group if your looking for a head count.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Sorry folks, I hate to do it but I'm going to have to drop out. I have a bunch going on with work and personal life I have to attend to instead - I'd much rather be camping! ;)

-TJ

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Any updates regarding what camp site we will be using? And there will be two people in our group if your looking for a head count.
Friday night, depending on the time we get up there, I'm looking at a spot just north of Richardson Glade. If it's still early enough we could continue on to Bear Creek or Summit Springs. And then Saturday night, after Lovelady Ridge we could loop back around to Wyley Springs. I haven't been to it, but it looks like it could be a good spot.