Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Thought I would share the attached GPX File. It is a collection of waypoints to campsites in the North Maine Woods. I found the Google Maps KML file a few weeks ago when researching heading up there this summer. I cleaned up the Waypoint's text a little (at least in Gaia GPS they look better) Each Waypoint has a brief description of the campsite. Check points are also included.

I have not verified the location of the campsites with the waypoints nor the information included in.

GPX viewer

Attachments

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Even going to places in Maine that are ON the beaten path, it is nice: Portland, Mt. Desert Island/ Bar Harbor/ Cadillac Mountain, L. L. Bean.

Then you get a little off the beaten path kayaking and camping along the Saco River or going along the Appalachian Trail.

I'll be interested in opening this file and seeing what's available by 4x4 for sure

Reactions: wigsajumper

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Amazing, I was debating whether or not to create this in Gaia for my trip up there in a month—you've saved me a ton of work!
Some good came from the CoVid then. I worked on this about 98% at work when I was scanning maybe 2-3 patients a day in a 12 hour shift. I wish I could find who originally did most of the work so I could credit him/her

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Even going to places in Maine that are ON the beaten path, it is nice: Portland, Mt. Desert Island/ Bar Harbor/ Cadillac Mountain, L. L. Bean.

Then you get a little off the beaten path kayaking and camping along the Saco River or going along the Appalachian Trail.

I'll be interested in opening this file and seeing what's available by 4x4 for sure
We just got back from a trip up to Lubec and Cobscook State Park. Great area up there if you get a chance. About two more hours driving east of Acadia/Bar Harbor. Cobscook Bay State Park has camping right on the Bay. It isn't overlandering but my wife was happy.

Reactions: Dusther210

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Noticed about 6ish individuals are accessing the shared folder with the camp locations. I updated a few that we visited this week with images and updated stats. If anyone makes it up there please message me with any updated info on the campsite or images you stayed at.

Reactions: Road and Dusther210