Rank VI

Explorer I

Bernice, LA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Hines
Member #

Almost 2 years with my rig (2022 4Runner) and getting back into it after not having a 4Runner for about 5 years.

Local to Ruston, LA

Looking for locals to follow or folks close by.

A friend @SouthernTacoma is close to me and a coworker. We are trying to head up our local area and get a community built.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Almost 2 years with my rig (2022 4Runner) and getting back into it after not having a 4Runner for about 5 years.

Local to Ruston, LA

Looking for locals to follow or folks close by.

A friend @SouthernTacoma is close to me and a coworker. We are trying to head up our local area and get a community built.
Hello Kyle, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: BayouOverlander

Fred25246

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Louisiana
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Nolan
Alexandria here. I also have a place in North Central Arkansas (Ozark NF) that I try to go to as often as I can.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
moved to thibodaux over 30 yrs ago to work in the gulf as a commercial diver...great area for boating, but nothing as far as camping and hiking. we hit arkansas a good bit, usually just head to north georgia or out west when we have the time for all the extra driving.

EVERYTHING down here is either swamp or private property...or both :expressionless:

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Hi, Drew. Welcome to OB.
What type of rig do you have?

Where can I start with a 3-4 day trip?
Wish I could help, but my rig is in the building stage, and I haven't gotten out yet. Most likely have to travel out of state for a good 3-4 day trip.
My son and I are in the early stage of planning a 2025 Big Bend trip (April/May).

There may be a few trails in the Kisatchie National Forest. Check out their website.

Grubworm (Mike) is close to you. He should be able help.

Contributor III

Houma, LA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Doit
Hi, Drew. Welcome to OB.
What type of rig do you have?

Wish I could help, but my rig is in the building stage, and I haven't gotten out yet. Most likely have to travel out of state for a good 3-4 day trip.
My son and I are in the early stage of planning a 2025 Big Bend trip (April/May).

There may be a few trails in the Kisatchie National Forest. Check out their website.

Grubworm (Mike) is close to you. He should be able help.
I just bought a 2019 4runner TRD Pro two weeks back. Prior to that I had 2020 Gladiator Sport with a DIY truck camper. IMG_2425.jpeg
So I am still in the process of setting up the 4Runner.
But I think I will start camping soon and start building up to a overlanding trip.

Reactions: eagle_A40