First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
The BIG Death Valley Trip

This trip is reserved for the Spokane/North Idaho Meet Up as we journey 2500 miles there and back again to Death Valley. We’re going on an adventure!

Please download the map in the rally point, it has every waypoint and route mapping that you need to get through Death Valley, plus getting there and back! See the list of what you MUST HAVE in order to go on this trip and keep everyone safe. Once our RSVP is full I will send out a direct email message to those attending. This will be an amazing trip!

On the way down we’ll shoot for Alvord Desert to camp and Bog Hot Springs on the way back up as shown in the attached photos.

Important Trip Info

This trip will require that our vehicles be in the best shape possible, that you have a full size spare tire, 5-10 gallons of spare fuel, food and water, pooper, GMRS comms, offline navigation, and DUST LIGHTS. Absolutely required. Be sure to have them be amber and mounted high on your vehicle.

I‘d also recommend a second air filter for the drive home.

The Plan

Saturday 11/2- 6am Spokane Meeting Point to Alvord Desert

Sunday 11/3- Alvord to Copper Mountain (near Mono Lake)

Monday 11/4- Copper Mountain to Bishop Ca to restock supplies, then to the Lone Pine CA meet up point, then on to camp up at Burgess Mine

Tuesday 11/5- Burgess to the Salt Tram, Cerro Gordo, JETS, Panamint Spring fuel if needed, camp at Ballarat Ghost Town

Wednesday 11/6- Ballarat to Goyler Canyon, Barker Ranch, Mengel Pass, Geologist Cabin, camp at Warm Springs Mine

Thursday 11/7- Warm Springs to Badwater, Artist Palette, Furnace Creek, Stovepipe Wells to fuel, Ubehebe Crater, Teakettle Junction, camp at Lost Burro Mine

Friday 11/8- Lost Burro Mine to Racetrack Playa, Lippincott Pass, Saline Valley, Warm Springs, Steel Pass, Marble Bath, camp at Eureka Dunes

Saturday 11/9- Eureka Dunes to Big Pine CA and 395N to start heading home to Bog Hot Springs

Sunday 11/10- Bog Hot Springs to home

Monday 11/11 is Veterens Day and hopefully you have it off!
IMG_1588.jpegIMG_1587.jpeg

Last edited:

Bodge Garage

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Millwood WA
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Sss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7YI
Service Branch
Firefighter/EMT
Thanks! The map and route building took me a couple of hours!
We're ready to pack the tuck and go! I am pretty sure my friends and co-workers are tied of hearing about 'The Death Valley Trip' for the last 6 months.