First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Please READ:

AUGUST AT A GLANCE, next Monthly Meet Up is NOT HAPPENING, WE WILL BE AT BLUE LAKE MT, SO COME!

We meet the second Sunday of the month, but August 13th we will be at Blue Lake

August 11-13th is our End of Summer Weekend Escape to Blue Lake MT. This will replace our normal monthly meet up. Blue Lake is gorgeous and we will be camping all weekend in one spot right on the water. It’s a small little lake perfect for paddle board, kids, and even dogs. So bring your gear and have fun with us!

WHEN: meet up at Blue Lake this month
WHERE: Toy for Trucks parking lot
5405 W Riverbend Ave
Post Falls, ID 83854

Bring a chair, a pop-up tent if you want, and lunch. This location will give us more room to spread out and meet.

2023 TRIP CALENDAR
March 3-5th- Junipter Dunes, Palouse Falls, Rainbow Lake

March 18th- snow level scouting trip

April 22-23rd- EDO Weekend, Earth Day Overnight Trail Clean Up, we will do some litter clean up and then camp at a great spot

May 19-21st- Bull River Camping Trip

June 10th- Moon Pass Day Trip

June 23-25th- Idaho BDR Section 7

July 21-23rd

August 11-13th

September 1-4th, Magruder Corridor, Labor Day Weekend

October-
November-
December- Meet Up Christmas Celebration

Hi Everyone!

My name is Dave, aka PapaDave, and the North Idaho Monthly Meet Up is gathering the SECOND SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH 1-3pm. We figure that’s after church, doesn’t take up your whole day, and usually doesn’t compete with youth sports. We will be meeting the second Sunday of every month except on Easter and Mother’s Day.

It really doesn’t matter what you drive just come ready to discuss adventuring with like-minded people. Topics will range from gear, recovery, driving tips, and route planning to get out and use the equipment we’ve got! We will meet the first hour for lunch while discussing trying and such, and the second hour to check out rigs in the parking lot (weather permitting).

As I mentioned before it doesn’t matter what you drive as long as your vehicle is as capable as you need it to be. There really isn’t a perfect vehicle or set up so we choose to not get hung up on how outfitted your vehicle is, what’s important is that your vehicle is prepared and capable to tackle the trail you want to explore.

A little about me, I have now coordinated 3 different regional meet ups over the last 5 years and have led about 35 Overland Bound trips. With that said I’ll be the first to admit I still have so much to learn! I’ve had the fortune to call Michael (OLB Founder) and Kent (Executive Director) my friends and have witnessed first-hand their desire to see people find adventure out on the trail. Below is a link to a video Michael did about my rig, I share it as I find it helps to put a face to someone when we are meeting new people. I’m pretty much a dork in the video, and well, in person too.

Adventure is necessary so let’s go places!

North Idaho Monthly Meet Up
Eastern WA-North Idaho-Western Montana

WHEN: 1-3pm
WHERE: Toy for Trucks parking lot (old 4WP location)
5405 W Riverbend Ave
Post Falls, ID 83854

Bring a chair, a pop-up tent if you want, and lunch. This location will give us more room to spread out and meet. If you have a trip on the weekend of the meet up, then catch the next one. Weeknights are tough for those driving into the area from out of town So we are sticking to Sundays.

Goofy video but you get the idea

Pacific Ocean in Baja Mexico
View attachment 246876

@Michael @Kent R
So no meet up in September the meet up is at blue lake ?
The cancelled meet up was in august as it was the same weekend we were at Blue Lake. The next meet up is Sept 10th.

Reactions: Looniz1

Looniz1

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Post Falls, Kootenai County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Scott n Jen
Last Name
Harrison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWY403
Service Branch
Nunnya
Please READ:

AUGUST AT A GLANCE, next Monthly Meet Up is NOT HAPPENING, WE WILL BE AT BLUE LAKE MT, SO COME!

We meet the second Sunday of the month, but August 13th we will be at Blue Lake

August 11-13th is our End of Summer Weekend Escape to Blue Lake MT. This will replace our normal monthly meet up. Blue Lake is gorgeous and we will be camping all weekend in one spot right on the water. It’s a small little lake perfect for paddle board, kids, and even dogs. So bring your gear and have fun with us!

WHEN: meet up at Blue Lake this month
5405 W Riverbend Ave
Post Falls, ID 83854

Bring a chair, a pop-up tent if you want, and lunch. This location will give us more room to spread out and meet.

2023 TRIP CALENDAR

April 22-23rd- EDO Weekend, Earth Day Overnight Trail Clean Up, we will do some litter clean up and then camp at a great spot

July 21-23rd

August 11-13th

October-
November-

Hi Everyone!

My name is Dave, aka PapaDave, and the North Idaho Monthly Meet Up is gathering the SECOND SUNDAY OF EACH MONTH 1-3pm. We figure that’s after church, doesn’t take up your whole day, and usually doesn’t compete with youth sports. We will be meeting the second Sunday of every month except on Easter and Mother’s Day.

It really doesn’t matter what you drive just come ready to discuss adventuring with like-minded people. Topics will range from gear, recovery, driving tips, and route planning to get out and use the equipment we’ve got! We will meet the first hour for lunch while discussing trying and such, and the second hour to check out rigs in the parking lot (weather permitting).

As I mentioned before it doesn’t matter what you drive as long as your vehicle is as capable as you need it to be. There really isn’t a perfect vehicle or set up so we choose to not get hung up on how outfitted your vehicle is, what’s important is that your vehicle is prepared and capable to tackle the trail you want to explore.

A little about me, I have now coordinated 3 different regional meet ups over the last 5 years and have led about 35 Overland Bound trips. With that said I’ll be the first to admit I still have so much to learn! I’ve had the fortune to call Michael (OLB Founder) and Kent (Executive Director) my friends and have witnessed first-hand their desire to see people find adventure out on the trail. Below is a link to a video Michael did about my rig, I share it as I find it helps to put a face to someone when we are meeting new people. I’m pretty much a dork in the video, and well, in person too.

5405 W Riverbend Ave
Post Falls, ID 83854

Bring a chair, a pop-up tent if you want, and lunch. This location will give us more room to spread out and meet. If you have a trip on the weekend of the meet up, then catch the next one. Weeknights are tough for those driving into the area from out of town So we are sticking to Sundays.

View attachment 246876

@Michael @Kent R
So no meet up in September the meet up is at blue lake ?
The cancelled meet up was in august as it was the same weekend we were at Blue Lake. The next meet up is Sept 10th.
Roger that disregard my other comment / question in other thread

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Roger that disregard my other comment / question in other thread
It’s a good question, I’ve updated the second post of the thread and rally point

Jeb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nine Mile Falls, WA, USA
First Name
Jeb
Last Name
Mertz
Member #

Please READ:

SEPTEMBER at a glance:
Sept 1-4th Magruder Corridor
Sept 10th Meet Up

MONTHLY MEET UP ON THE SECOND SUNDAY of the month
WHEN: September 10th, 2023
5405 W Riverbend Ave
Post Falls, ID 83854

2023 TRIP CALENDAR

July 21-23rd

August 11-13th

October-
November-

Hi Everyone!

5405 W Riverbend Ave
Post Falls, ID 83854

View attachment 246876

@Michael @Kent R
Planning on attending.

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Please READ:

SEPTEMBER at a glance:
Sept 1-4th Magruder Corridor
Sept 10th Meet Up

MONTHLY MEET UP ON THE SECOND SUNDAY of the month
WHEN: September 10th, 2023
5405 W Riverbend Ave
Post Falls, ID 83854

2023 TRIP CALENDAR

July 21-23rd

August 11-13th

October-
November-

Hi Everyone!

5405 W Riverbend Ave
Post Falls, ID 83854

View attachment 246876

@Michael @Kent R
Planning on attending.
Awesome! We still have spots for this coming weekend to the MaGruder corridor

Jeb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nine Mile Falls, WA, USA
First Name
Jeb
Last Name
Mertz
Member #

If it wasn’t for my anniversary this weekend, I would be on the trip. I’m disappointed I can’t make it. I’m new to the area (from the Midwest) and can’t wait to get out and explore this new region. Still unpacking!!

Reactions: Ebbs

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer III

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
If it wasn’t for my anniversary this weekend, I would be on the trip. I’m disappointed I can’t make it. I’m new to the area (from the Midwest) and can’t wait to get out and explore this new region. Still unpacking!!
No stress, we'll have another next month!

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Planning on attending.
I’m going to move it to a pizza place off of 95 as I think just a few people will be attending. Plus I was going to review navigation and it’s easier to look at screens on iPads inside.

Sept 10th 1-3pm
Pizza Factory
503 W Appleway Ave
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

Buy lunch if you want it, we will be discussing offline navigation.

Jeb

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nine Mile Falls, WA, USA
First Name
Jeb
Last Name
Mertz
Member #

Planning on attending.
I’m going to move it to a pizza place off of 95 as I think just a few people will be attending. Plus I was going to review navigation and it’s easier to look at screens on iPads inside.

Sept 10th 1-3pm
Pizza Factory
503 W Appleway Ave
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

Buy lunch if you want it, we will be discussing offline navigation.
Rgr. Still planning on being there

Looniz1

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Post Falls, Kootenai County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Scott n Jen
Last Name
Harrison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWY403
Service Branch
Nunnya

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Those pics are awesome !!!!

I will be working Saturday not sure if I’ll make meetup but I’ll try it’s only an hour and half back from Pullman
Ok well hopefully we will see you Sunday

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
How was the run!! I hope the weather didn’t hinder your adventure.
The weather was perfect without any smoke and blue skies up until about midnight Saturday night when it started raining. The rain mostly stopped as we packed up in the morning but we ended up not camping Sunday night due to the weather report of lightning and extreme rain. Erin camped out near Darby but said the weather never really materialized. We had a really good trip.

Reactions: Onenonlychance

Two Sheds

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Hayden, Idaho, United States
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Jacobson
Member #

See you Sunday
Not so fast….. turns out my Wife is “ surprising” me for my birthday(Sat) with a road trip to Banff and thereabouts and we’re leaving Sun. am. So no I won’t see you on Sunday.
I’ll try again next month.
,ps- Epps please hang onto said items. We’ll get it together one of these days.